Teen!Lestrade

Greg had finally gathered the courage to ask if you wanted to go out to watch a movie together. "Greg, we're already together. You don't have to be nervous to ask me if I want to go on a date." You chuckled and smiled widely to him. He smiled nervously back at you, a little embarrassed that he had made such a big deal out of it. 

"I know. I just have to get used to it, that's all." He replied and you nodded in understanding. "It's alright. Let's meet there at 8." You gave him a quick kiss on his cheek before walking to your class as he was left to grin by himself in the corridors. 

As usual Greg was there, waiting for you, earlier than you had planned. But you already had anticipated that he'd be there by 7.30 so you showed up earlier. "I know you too well." Greg smiled shyly. "Am I that predictable?" 

You shook your head and chuckled. "No, but you do have a habit of being early." 

Greg insisted on paying for the ticket and snacks since you had paid the last time you went out. "You know, my dad's birthday's coming up. They're holding a small party. It's just family and some neighbors but I was thinking...maybe you'd like to come?" You looked up at him with big eyes, which he had a hard time to refuse. "Of course. I mean. If you want me to, I'll be there." You smiled in relief and thanked him. You did not want to be alone on another party with the family. 

"(Y/N)," Greg whispered as the movie was starting, "can I hold you hand?" 

You grinned at him and grasped his hand in yours before returning your attention to the movie. Once in a while you'd look over to him only to notice him doing the same, but you both looked away quickly, smiles on you lips. 

He was the only one who'd make you feel this way. It was cheesy but you couldn't help but to love him even more because of it.