Teen!John x reader

"Hey guys." You greeted as you sat down beside Sherlock and John. The two guys smiled at you before returning to eating their lunch. "Have you finished the math homework?" You asked as you took a bite out of you apple. "Of course. It's due today." Sherlock replied without looking up from the book in his hands. "You haven't done it yet have you?" 

You smiled guilty at him. There was a moment of silence before John decided to offer his help. "Y-You can have a look at mine. Though I'm not sure it's all correct." He said and scratched the back of his neck anxiously. "You're a lifesaver!" You exclaimed with a grin. John smiled awkwardly at you as you continued talking. 

Once you stopped talking John gathered enough courage to look you in the eyes and speak, causing Sherlock to finally look up from his book. "(Y/N) since prom is coming up soon I- I was wondering... I was thinking that maybe. If. You'd like to go. With me." He gulped and quickly looked away, a bright blush on his cheeks. You smiled widely at him and nodded. "Sounds great. Sherlock you should come too. It'll be fun." You nudged Sherlock's shoulder making him glare at you. 

"It's obvious that John is trying asking you out on a proper date. Even I know that it wouldn't be appropriate for me to join. Not that I would have anyways. Prom is overrated." He stated and went back to reading. Both you and John were now blushing furiously. 

"Are you really asking me out?" You questioned with a shy smile. "I-I mean. Maybe. Kind of.... Yeah." John nodded and sighed, this was not how he had planned this. "I'd love to go out with you." Your reply came out as a whisper but the smile on John's face told you that he had heard you. "But unfortunately Sherlock is right." John frowned at you in confusion.

"Prom is kind of overrated. Even though I'd love to go with you I'd rather we do something else for a first date." You said and brushed a piece of hair behind you ear. Once again John nodded, a wide smile playing on his lips. "You're right. I actually have an idea if that's the case." John chuckled. 

The way your eyes lit up in excitement sent shivers down his back. "Yes?"Hesitantly John clear his throat and suggested that you'd go to the concert of your favorite band. Immediately you agreed and wouldn't stop bugging Sherlock about how good they were. 

You and John took a bus to the concert but once you got there it as raining heavily. To your discomfort the concert was outside but neither of you let it ruin your mood. As the gentleman he is John wrapped his jacket around you, trying his best to keep you warm. Shyly you took his hand in yours and held it until the concert was over. Even thought it was cold, John couldn't have been warmer. Holding your hand made his heart skip a beat and for most of the concert he couldn't focus on anything else but the warmness he felt by being in your presence. 

"Thank you for today." You said as the two of you sat down in the bus, on your way back home. "No problem. I had a really good time." You hesitated for a moment before quickly pecking his lips and pulling back, looking at anything but him. Bravely John placed his hand over yours without saying a word and on the entire bus ride neither of you could stop smiling, both of you thinking way better than prom

.....

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was in London this week and didn't have my laptop with me. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, I hope you'll have a great day.