Red like the Roses

Gray

Hiding behind a pillar, I spot the sniper shooter. Gritting my teeth, I charge my gun and prepare to fire. Juvia's got my back while she's sniping the rest of the enemies.

"Hey!" I call out at the person.

He didn't say anything, but just smirks. He gets down from the tall tree, his sniper still on the branches. He has white hair that's tied to a ponytail and shiny glasses that reflects against the moonlight.

"We finally meet, Gray Fullbuster." He says, and I gasp.

"How do you know who I am?"

"I'm Invel, Zeref's associate. I'm sure you don't know me but I know you. We were in the same school together." He said, smirking.

"I don't know who you are. And it's a bit creepy. I'm here to fight you, and kill you, not to talk."

"I've got plenty to talk about. If you want to fight, then let's do it. But, are you willing to let your dear love get killed?" Invel questions, gesturing to the rooftop where Juvia is at.

I look upwards, and I see a woman carrying a sharp red spear that glistens at the moonlight. Widening my eyes, I open my mouth to scream out Juvia's name but Invel shoots me in the leg.

"Juv–AGH!"

"Shh, she's so concentrated on my allies that she doesn't realize who is behind her. Eileen Belserion will be her executioner." Invel states, and I grit my teeth.

"You bastard! Tell her to leave Juvia alone! She's doing nothing but defending her family! Please! Juvia deserves to live after all the bullshit she's been through! Juvia protected Lucy a long time ago, and got shot because of an enemy encounter. She nearly died! Then, Sting's men shot fire at Lucy's base and shot Juvia and Levy! They nearly didn't make it! Lastly, Juvia almost died by an explosion because of Achnologia! One of my best friends died because of it! Let her rest!" I shout out, angry.

"Seems like she's been through a lot. But I'm not the one in charge, Gray. Eileen is in charge of this whole play. Plus, I don't really care about how you feel. Juvia Lockser will die tonight." Invel says, and I widen my eyes.

"JUVIA!"

Mira

I take a deep breath, continuing to drive down the road. There's this feeling in my gut that something terrible is going to happen. And I don't like it one bit. Seeing that FairyTail and Zeref are at war right now as we speak, there's a lot of nerves in me.

Stopping the car, I look out the window. This is the safe house the twins and I will be staying at. Nobody seems to have followed us, which is good.

Turning off the engine, I unbuckle my seatbelt and get off the car, closing the door and opening the one where the twins are at.

"Enjoyed the ride?" I ask softly.

Carrying the twins, I walk towards the door of the safe house. There's a screen monitor in the wall next to the door and it scans my face, recognizing it.

"Hello, Mirajane. Would you like for me to open the door?"

"Yes please."

The door slides opens and I walk inside. It closes by itself and I sigh, the lights turning on. I walk around the house and go upstairs. This house was made for safety purposes.

The windows are bulletproof and the walls are made out of bomb proof concrete. There's also advanced technology in the house and in order to get inside, you'll need to do a face scan by the owner, which is me.

If the owner dies, it'll be sent off to someone else. There's a contract the owner must sign when alive. You'll have to pass the safe house onto someone else and you have to sign your name and the person's name with a photo of their identity and fingerprint.

I'm leaving this house to Lucy. I've already signed the contract and sent in her fingerprint and identity. This house is a secure one.

No one else can get inside unless invited by owner. Isn't that cool?!

Anyways, I leave the twins down on their cribs, letting them rest for tonight. Yawning, I walk back downstairs and have a drink of water. My mind is just all over the place.

I can't seem to focus. I feel like something happened to Lucy, or to anyone! I feel like I should be there, but it's my duty to be here to protect the twins. If only there was a way to go over there.

No, stop thinking about that, Mira. This is your order from Lucy. Be like Lisanna, for once. She's over there back at Washington with Asuka, Wendy, and Romeo, protecting them.

Do the same with Salvador and Nashi.

Lucy

I look behind me at the person that fired in the air. It was another enemy, another woman. She has green hair, and blue eyes and she aims her gun at me.

"Drop your weapon." She says.

I lower it down, having no other choice. How am I going to get out of this one? I'm surrounded by two bitches, one at the front and the other at the back.

"Lucy Dragneel, you're now under my control." She says, and I look at her weirdly.

"This isn't a magic universe, you weirdo. And I'm under no one's control." I reply, gritting my teeth.

"You got jokes. But I'm not in a playful mood right now. You're already bleeding from that graze Invel gave you. He's probably already killing your friend. Also, your other blue friend from the rooftop...she's going to die." She says, and I widen my eyes.

"Juvia—GAH!" I gasp, feeling a knife being stabbed at my back.

"I'll give you a chance to try and save your friend from the roof. But I think it'll be far too late, don't you think?" She says, and I fall down on my knees.

She grabs my chin, and smirks at me as I try to breathe for air. Suddenly, she gets shot in the head and Seilah yelps, running away to take cover.

"Lucy!"

"Natsu...no, there's no time. G-Go to the rooftop! Save Juvia!"

"What?"

"She's going to die! Someone is up there with her! Save her and don't worry about me! I'll be fine!" I said, as he takes out the knife from my back.

"Alright, but stay here! I'll go to Juvia." Natsu says, running up the stairs.

Juvia, you better still be alive by the time Natsu gets up there! You need to live! You've been through so much and I cannot lose you too after my mother and Larcade.

"JUVIA!" I hear Gray shout out from outside.

"Juvia!"

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 55:

Pierced Through a Beautiful Heart