The Peace is Over

Lucy

Another week has passed, and during the past week, FairyTail has been receiving threats of a war by none other than the Dark Wizard himself, Zeref. He's finally shown after disappearing in thin air and he welcomes himself back with threats. Zeref has said in a letter that he will be returning to our base with his army by tonight.

So, after those threats, we prepared ourselves for war. We purchased many weapons, many bombs, grenades, and ammo. Mira has bought a safe house just in case the twins needs to be somewhere secure.

"Go now. The sun is setting down. Zeref will be striking in about 20 minutes. Take care of them, Mira. Protect them as if they were your own." I said, and she nods.

"Always. You can trust me, Lucy. Take care of each other, okay? Live for Salvador and Nashi." She says, giving me an embrace.

"I've got like 7 lives, Mira. Anyways, it's about time you should go to the safe house. Make sure no one is following you." I said, breaking the hug.

"You got it. Goodbye!"

Mira goes around and goes inside her car. The twins are in the backseat on their car seats. I look at them through the window and I smile, a little sad that I have to leave them for who knows how many days.

This war is serious.

Mira drives off, and I sigh, going back with the others. Natsu kept handing out guns and pocket knives to our people so they can defend ourselves and each other. Juvia approaches me and hands me my trusty gun.

"Thank you." I said, accepting it.

"Is everyone ready?! We cannot lose to this war, okay!? This war against Zeref is serious and we don't know who will fall today or tomorrow! Understand?!" Erza announces, and everyone cheers.

"Yes, ma'am!"

Suddenly, we hear an explosion coming from the backyard and I grit my teeth. Charging my gun, I look at everyone and nod.

"Everyone, spread out into groups!" I shout out.

Juvia, Natsu, Gray, Erza, and I go to the right side of the backyard, hiding behind boulders. Zeref's men shoot fire and I grit my teeth, determined. Erza goes up from the boulder, shooting at the enemies.

"Lucy, they're in big groups. What do we do?" Erza asks.

"They're risking it. Sure, Zeref has more men than us, but not a lot like Achnologia does. If we throw grenades at them, they'll be out together with a few of them injured. It'll take us to an advantage." Natsu says, talking to everyone.

"Juvia, you're good at sniping. I need you to hide somewhere at a high surface. Fire at anyone who is bound to kill one of our own. Got it?" I order, and she nods.

Juvia leaves and runs towards the guns area as we cover for her. I take out a grenade, and stand up, removing the pin and throwing it in the air towards the enemies. The grenade unleashes an explosion, detonating.

But, a bullet grazes my shoulder, and I groan in pain. Someone with a sniper rifle must have shot me! But who is it and from where? I have to find out where they're shooting from so they don't kill my people!

"Lucy!"

"I'm fine. It's just a graze. Someone shot me with a sniper rifle. I need to find out where they're at so I can kill them before they kill my own people–"

"I'll handle that." Gray says, standing up and going around the backyard.

It was getting dark, and it made it a bit difficult to see. All there's left near this boulder is Natsu, Erza, and I. Something glistens at the rooftop of the house, and I see Juvia firing at the men, protecting Gray as he runs to find the sniper shooter.

"What do we do now? They're going to surround us." Erza states, firing at the enemies.

"We need to separate and join the others from the house." I said, and Natsu glances at me.

"I'm not letting you leave my sight, Lucy. You're going to get yourself killed."

"I can protect myself, Natsu. Remember, before you entered my life, I was okay. Erza has seen me fight hand to hand combat and we've practiced together. I'm sure you know how to defend yourself. Take care!" I said, standing up from the boulder and fleeing to go inside the house.

"Lucy!"

I go inside the door, and fire at the two men that barged in. I take a deep breath, and hide behind a wall, hearing footsteps. How did the enemy go around to our base?!

"I know you're hiding over there. Come out and let's fight. But only using our fists."

It's a woman. Leaving from my hiding spot, I raise my gun up a little, setting it down on the table. It's a woman with long violet hair, and she seems to be carrying an open book.

"Lucy Heartfilia, or should I say Dragneel? Hm, you're lucky to have married such a fine man like Natsu. Zeref has told us that you two have twins. It'd be such a disgrace for them to die at such a young age, don't you think?" She says, and I grit my teeth.

"You wanted to fight hand to hand combat. So let's go!"

"A little too fast, don't you think? My name is Seilah, and I will be here to execute you. Prepare to die, Mrs. Dragneel." Seilah says, setting down her book on a table.

I take a deep breath, and ball my fists together. Seilah comes forth, and throws the first punch, swinging her arm. But I duck and go upwards again, punching her face. She stumbles but doesn't let herself fall.

Seilah throws her leg up, and kicks me at the side of my stomach. I hit the wall, and move out of the way before she can hit me when her fist. I swing at her stomach, and hit her, making her cough.

"You've got moves, I'll tell you that. But fate has decided that you'll die tonight and now." She says, smirking.

"I'm not going to be the one dying today. Your allies will fall tonight, and FairyTail will win. I can guarantee you!" I reply back.

"Show me, Dragneel!"

I run up to her, and push her down with me. We smash at a window, crashing down on the ground to the outside. I mount on top of her and begin to punch her face. But she takes a hold of my arms and swings her forehead against mine.

"Guh!"

"You're so...annoying." She mutters, standing up.

I was on the ground, still a bit dizzy after that hit. Seilah grabs her gun from her back and aims it at me. Gritting my teeth, I throw my leg up in the air and knock her gun out of her hands with my foot.

"Hey!"

I roll over, and stand up, swinging my leg up to her face. She spits out blood and yelps as I run over to my gun, charging it again and aiming it at her.

"This is your end."

BAM!

It's strange. I didn't even fire at all yet.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 54:

Red like the Roses

**

Question, what are you most excited about the new season of FairyTail?

I'm excited for the soundtracks, mah dude! The voices and the moments! :)