Earning the Trust

Lucy

After getting a ride from one of Natsu's men to my home, I open the door and trigger everyone's attention as they point their guns at me.

"Whoa! It's me, guys." I said, notifying them.

"Lucy! I'm so glad you're alright! Wait, how did you leave? Did you escape!?" Mira asks, and I shake my head.

"No, Dragneel let me go."

"What!? How!? That's impossible! Dragneel never lets his enemies go just like that." Levy says, curious.

"It's a long story and I'm really tired right now. Can I just go to bed and tell you guys what happened later? Please." I said, sighing.

"Yeah, okay. Go ahead." Mira says, and I nod.

I wasn't lying. I am tired. I didn't wanted to talk to them right now. They'll all just ask so many questions and I'm not up for it at all at the moment. All I want is to sleep.

Dragneel filled me up with much information. Sting Eucliffe murdered my mother and blew up the town that I grew up in and framed Dragneel so he can gain an extra enemy.

Well, he lost an enemy and Eucliffe just gained one. He'll pay for everything he has done. Don't get me wrong, Dragneel and I have had our small little wars at times. He'd know where I was and he would come and attack me and my friends. Same goes with him.

I go inside my bedroom and close the door, taking off my sweater and tossing it to the side. Ichiya will be pissed that I didn't attend his meeting for the cocaine trade. But there's always a next time.

Collapsing down on my bed, I close my eyes and just let the comfort take over. Soon enough, I drifted off to sleep.

I didn't mean to wake up the next day. It was barely 7 yesterday when I fell asleep and I woke up the next morning. Perhaps I was really tired and stressed out that I just didn't wake up.

"Lu-chan? Are you awake?" Levy asks, coming inside my room with Erza.

"Yeah, I'm awake." I said, yawning.

I sit up from bed and look at the two girls. They both sit down on the bed and I breathe in.

"Tell us what happened yesterday." Erza says, and I blink.

"Fine. I'm sure Mira told you what happened at the warehouse."

"Yeah, she told me that the enemy came and surrounded you guys and took you. What happened when you went to Dragneel's headquarters?" Levy interrogates.

"Well, I met with him in his office. He told me that he wanted us to join forces. Of course, I said no and that I would rather die than join my organization with him. We talked and talked until he decided to have dinner with me. Dragneel still asked me the question and that he didn't wanted us to be enemies anymore. Then he provoked me that he didn't know the reason. I snapped and yelled at him about my mother and my town." I explain, taking a breath.

I finish off my explanation and Erza and Levy give each other a glance.

"Are you saying that you're gonna join our organization with him?" Levy asks, confused.

"I don't know. I still don't trust him yet. But I'm slowly earning it. Right now, our top priority is finding and killing Sting Eucliffe from Sabertooth. He's the boss from his business and he's done a lot of shit to me."

"How do you know Natsu is telling the truth? He could me lying to save his own skin, you know." Erza said, and I look at her.

"That's what I thought. I asked him if he was telling me the truth and he told me that he would never lie about killing somebody else's parent because he lost his father from the most wanted drug lord in history." I reply.

"The most wanted drug lord? Isn't that you and Dragneel?"

"Yeah but I'm the 3rd most wanted. Do you know who the first one is?"

"I thought Dragneel was the first one considering he's murdered so many innocent lives. Who is it?" Levy asks.

"Achnologia is one of the most wanted and most feared drug lord that has ever existed. He's been around for so long and he's murdered more people than anyone combined. Everyone fears him and honors him. Nobody has been able to see his face and if they did, they never made it out alive to tell it. The police  doesn't know the identity of Achnologia and they're starting to think that he's just a myth to terrorize people. But he's real. Dragneel's father went in a drug war with him and died, unfortunately."

"That's terrible! Lu-chan, I think we should join our forces with Dragneel! Our business can grow much stronger and powerful and it'll be enough to hunt down Achnologia!"

"Wait a minute! Who says we're going after Achnologia? That man is highly dangerous and I'm even terrified of him. His killing methods are way more gruesome on what I heard. There's no way am I getting myself and you guys in danger." I said, getting out of bed.

"But Lucy! We can be known as murdering the most wanted man in the universe! We'd be doing the world a favor!" Levy says, adding more pressure to the subject.

"Levy, I said no! Unless he has done something horrible to one of us, I'm not touching him! I'm leaving him be. I'm not risking it at all."

"Lucy is right, Levy. We are not powerful enough to take him down. Plus, he hasn't done anything to us that can lead us to wanting to hunt him down. Please, just forget about that subject."

"Why not, Erza!? Why can't we just go and kill the man!?"

"It's not easy, Levy! Please, just forget it." Erza says, trying to calm down Levy.

"Levy, your reaction says it all. You're acting as if he's done something to you or somebody close to you. Are you okay?" I interrogate, approaching Levy but she backs away.

"No, I'm fine. Just forget it. I was wrong and I'm sorry for pressuring you, Lu-chan. I'll...go and check how the farmers are doing with the merchandise." Levy says, leaving my room.

I look at Erza and she stares back.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to her later. Be calm, okay?" Erza said, and I nod.

"Thank you."

Achnologia must have done something that made Levy react that way. And I need to find out!

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 5:

Plan SE