First Dinner

Lucy

Dragneel wants to have dinner with me. Just the two of us alone. I take a deep breath and pinch the bridge of my nose. He's irritating me. He even got someone to get me a dress to wear for our first dinner together.

It's a long red dress that can slightly show my curves. I look at myself in the mirror and sigh.

It's not bad. But I don't understand why he's doing all of this. Dragneel probably wants me to change my mind and join our organization together. But too bad for him because I don't join forces with anyone.

"Lucy, are you ready?" A maid says, opening the door.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I said, walking out of the room.

I'm not one to wear heels and these are really uncomfortable. Just because it looks cute doesn't mean it'll be comfortable.

The maid leads me out the halls and towards the backyard. We cross the small cobblestone bridge and Dragneel was there, sitting on the chair.

I gulp, trying to contain myself in killing the man. He smiles at me and I sit down on the chair across from him. The maid later brings me the food and serves on our plates.

"So, Lucy. Have you thought about what I offered you?"

"Actually, yeah. And I'm not changing my mind. You and I will not be compatible, trust me. So I suggest you look for someone else that wants to join forces with you." I said, not bothering in touching the food or drinks.

He chuckles and takes a bite out of his food. I stare at him in amusement. Dragneel is stupid if he thinks that I'll agree to his offer.

"I know, who would want to join forces with their enemy? Nobody! But, maybe we don't have to be enemies. We can be partners, you know?"

"No. I'd rather stick with us being enemies." I said, glaring at him.

I don't see myself being friends with a scum like him.

"Say, why are we enemies? I mean, you started this whole thing. I didn't do nothing." He says, and I grit my teeth.

"Did you seriously forgot what you did? I was running my business with my mother and I went on a trip with my friends to London. While on flight, I received an anonymous call by someone from your organization that the mansion my mother was in had exploded. And she was in there. The caller had told me that the Natsu Dragneel had ordered the explosion. So don't ask me again on why we're enemies. You killed my mother." I said, giving him a death stare.

"I didn't gave the order to do that. Why would I want more enemies than I already have? It'll just bring more conflict and war." He says, and I grit my teeth once again.

"Oh, please. You're one to throw bombs everywhere. Just like you did with the town I grew up in. You're a prick, you know?"

"Hold up! I don't know what you're talking! I never ordered for your mother to be killed nor did I ordered to throw bombs at the town you grew up in! You're confusing me with someone else."

"Then who did it, anyways!? Huh!? It's not like anyone would frame you for that." I said, scoffing.

Suddenly, Natsu just stops eating. He pauses for a moment, then glances at me.

"Wait, when did your mother die? What year was the explosion?"

"Two years ago. Why?" I said.

"Two years ago was the war between Sting and I! After the war finished, he must have wanted me to have more enemies because he definitely wanted to see me dead and he would think that by framing me of killing your mother would want you to kill me. Does that make sense?"

"Wait, so you're saying that Sting planted those 5 bombs at my mother's mansion? He wanted me to kill you because he didn't had the chance to in the war. Wait, why would he have my number!?" I said, realization entering in my brain.

"I don't know. Maybe before he had erupted the mansion, he viewed your mother's phone and contacted you." He said, and tears pool in my eyes.

"How do I know you're not lying to me!? If you're lying, you seriously have no heart for someone's mother." I said, standing up from the chair.

"I'm not lying! I would never joke about that. My father died in a war between another drug lord. His name is Achnologia. I took over his business and this is where I am at now. Achnologia is number 1 on the top 10 wanted list. He's killed more than you and I combined and his reward is worth a lot. But nobody knows where he is. He lets other people ship his merchandise. Only my father has seen his face." Dragneel says, and I gasp.

"I've heard of him before. Everyone fears him." I said, wiping my tears.

"Do you believe me now!? I never killed your mother or blew the town you grew up in! In fact, when I first heard about you, I admired you. You're so brave and not everyone in this organization has the balls like you do." He says, chuckling.

A small smile creeps up to my lips. I need to find more evidence on Natsu's story. Just this once, I have to work with him to find Sting Eucliffe.

'Cause I'm killing him myself.

"Dragneel? I want to kill Eucliffe myself. Is it possible that you and I can work together just this once?"

"Just once? Why not always?"

"Listen, I don't like joining with anyone at all. I like to be on my own with no conflicts with other organizations. This is rare of me to say that I want us to work together so we can find Eucliffe and finish him off for good."

"So what happens after? You're gonna leave?"

"Look, I'll think about it during the search for Eucliffe, okay? Maybe we can join forces. But I'm going to think about it. It's a yes or no problem, okay?"

"Sure! At least it's better than never. Partners?" He asks, extending his hand for a shake.

"Maybe partners." I said, shaking his hand.

Lucy, I just hope you're making the right choice here. Please guide me, Mavis.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 4:

Earning the Trust