Fighting on the First Day

This chapter is probably long so prepare yourselves!

*

Lucy

The inmates leave and it's only Briar, Mary, and I inside a random cell. The cell was pretty spacious for a fight with one against two. Mary and Briar spread apart a bit, rolling up their sleeves from their prison uniform.

I take my prison sweater off and wrap it around my waist, revealing a white tank top. I ball my hands into fists, glaring at the two.

Briar throws the first punch, but I dodge it by going down and hitting her stomach with my fist. She grunts in pain and Mary comes to attack.

She goes for the same attack Briar did by swinging her fist but I grab her arm and twist it to her back.

"Agh!"

I grab her hair and pull her head back, talking into her ear.

"Don't you ever mess with me again 'cause I will seriously kill you two in here without leaving a trace. Don't underestimate me. I do know how to deal with murder." I said, pushing Mary over to Briar.

I leave the cell, unwrapping my sweater from my waist and putting it back on. The guards outside the door lead me to the outside world, and what looks like my lawyer, goes in front of me.

"I'll make sure that your sentence reduces, Lucy. You've got my support." He says, and I smile.

"Thank you...but it isn't necessary. With all the crimes I did, I know I'll have a sentence that's life in prison." I said, going inside the car with handcuffs.

My lawyer goes inside with me and we soon drive off. Reporters must be outside of the courthouse, waiting to hear about my sentence and to tell in the papers and on TV. As we drive off to the street, I look out the window and think to myself. What would I be doing now if I didn't become a drug lord?

Would I already have kids? Would I have been married by now? Or would I have been suffering over a death about someone dear to me?

I would like an alternative beginning with my mother back at the small town we lived in. Maybe we would have been lucky enough to purchase a small ranch near the mountains and take care of farm animals.

Mom always wanted that.

But I failed her. I failed her by becoming a notorious drug queen pin. But, what I wanted her to experience was the luxury life. We were once poor and I wanted her to know what it's like to live life without needing anything.

I'm just glad that she lived it before she died.

"Mama! One day, I'm going to make you live the perfect life! You'll have a nice house and we can buy as many things we as we want! I promise!" A ten year old me used to say.

"Oh, really? Well, I'll be waiting for that moment, honey! No matter what you want to be when you're older, I'll always support you, sweetie. I love you."

"I love you too, Mama."

I hold back my tears and before I know it, we're already by the courthouse. The police open my door and I go out, being greeted by so many reporters and flashing lights.

"Lucy Heartfilia! What do you think your sentence will be!?"

"Are you planning on canceling your cartel out!?"

"What do you think will happen to you in prison?"

"Is it true that Natsu Dragneel murdered your mother and blew up the town you grew up in!?"