Under the Same Roof with the Enemy

Mira

I stop my vehicle the minute I go to the mansion. I step out of my car and go running towards the front entrance, opening the door soon after.

That grabs everyone's attention.

"Mira! What happened!? You look like you're in a rush!" Levy exclaims, and tears fall down my eyes.

"They got her, Levy! The enemy captured Lucy!"

"What!? How!?"

"They were following us to the warehouse where Erza's hired pilot would take her to Europe. They surrounded us everywhere and pointed us with their guns. We couldn't do anything, Levy! She told me to report back to you guys without doing anything. The enemy wanted to take her and she did so they wouldn't kill me. God, I'm so useless!"

"No, you're not useless, Mira! You're incredible! Do you know where they took her?"

"No, not at all. They left before I did. I couldn't do anything. Lucy ordered me to stay put." I said, sitting down on the couch.

"I have a feeling that the person that took her is her top enemy." Levy says, a worried expression printed on her face.

"You don't mean..."

"That's right. What if Natsu Dragneel took her?"

Lucy

Gray gives me a room and lightly pushes me inside. He closes the door and locks it, and I roll my eyes, irritated. Dragneel is such an unpredictable person, maybe that's what makes him so unique.

Here's a background of him. Dragneel has shipped a lot of cocaine everywhere around the world. In return, he has received millions of cash. He's famous for his pure coke and his killing strategies. He has been in a drug war with the Sabertooth Cartel and in the war, over 50,000 people have died.

Dragneel and the other drug lord, Sting Eucliffe, got into a war in the last 2 years. Why? Because Sting had sent someone to spy on Dragneel on what things he does and on what ways he ships his merchandise. That got Dragneel upset and angry, and declared war on Sting.

But, that's what the news say. I'm sure that's not the only reason why they declared war and killed over 50,000 people with bullets and bombs.

With the families who suffered severe injuries and had to experience their loved ones being dead during the war, I announced that I would take care of all the cash to get them the proper treatment for their injuries and their funerals for their deceased loved ones.

You see, I don't kill people for fun. Just like I told Dragneel, I only kill when it's necessary. I don't go in the middle of town trying to murder my enemy and putting bombs where it can seriously kill the people around the area.

That's not for me.

But, it was still a bit fun to listen to the news about the war. When I heard that Dragneel made it out alive, I was laughing so much. I was shocked and celebrated that he made it out alive. Why? Because I want to be the one to break him. 

Well, that's enough of the background.

I lay down on the bed with nice covers, and ponder, looking at the ceiling. Am I going to die by this man's hands if I keep on declining his offer in joining forces? Or will I make it out alive and be trapped in here until I change my mind?

Or maybe, I can escape.

But, the question is, how? It's nearly impossible to escape someone's home. Especially an enemy's. Dragneel has security cameras around the house outside and a few inside. If someone catches me, I'll be tortured and killed.

I chuckle. I don't have the slightest idea on how I got myself into being the most wanted drug trafficker in the top 10. But, Mom...at least I made it.

At least I have a place to sleep at. At least I have cash. At least I have a family that care and love me.

My mother always wanted me to be someone in life. To be extraordinary and have an amazing job that I'll love. She always told me to follow my heart, and my head led to this on accident. It's not like I wanted to choose this lifestyle, this lifestyle chose me.

It just happened.

I started off with little money. I lived with my mother at a small neighborhood. She didn't had a job and we were always hungry. My mother tried to look for one but everyone around her declined the offer and slammed their doors in front of her face.

It was mostly warehouses. And I sure did made them pay for what they did to my mother. I kicked the people out of their warehouses and bought the buildings to produce my merchandise by trustworthy farmers. 4 warehouses, in fact.

Those people are probably living in the streets or dead by now.

My life changed until I met this guy who was my first love. We were each other's ride or die, man. He showed me how to rob people and how to shoot a gun. We dated for months and the two of us were the happiest criminal couples in the world. 

The police was after us, so we had to escape the small neighborhood with my mother. My mother didn't liked the guy I was dating because he was a bad influence on me. And he was.

We met a small, sort of beginner drug lord and we worked for him for almost 2 months. He gave us a lot of cash in those 2 months but, while I worked my ass off, the guy I used to date was cheating on me with another girl who worked for the small drug lord. 

The small drug lord paid the guy I used to date to cheat on me and to betray me. But, thanks to my mother, who may rest in peace in the heavens, caught him making out with the girl.

She told me and I shot a bullet through his forehead, including the girl.

So, after that happened, I robbed $30,000 from the small drug lord and left with my mother to another town, where I began my own business with Mom. She did a lot for me in the business and helped me find contacts to hire and ship the merchandise to.

My organization grew and grew. I was so happy and we managed to buy a mansion! We lived in it for 3 years and that's when we both met my friends, Levy Mcgarden, Erza Scarlet, Juvia Lockser, Mira Strauss, and Cana Alberona.

But, a year later, an unfortunate incident happened when my mother got ill. We all had planned to go on vacation on London, but my mother grew sick and couldn't come with us.

Apparently, I receive a call during my flight that my mother had died due to 5 bombs that was planted in the mansion. And they told me that Natsu Dragneel had done it.

I knew who this Natsu Dragneel was when I began my organization. That was the day that I marked him as my top enemy. I didn't know who called me but...I'm sure it was someone from his team.

He was probably jealous that a powerful female can manage an organization that was made for mostly men. But, I'll prove society wrong. I'll prove that women can lead the most difficult and risky jobs just as equally like men!

We're both the same anyways. No jobs are made for one specific gender. We're all equal. We get eaten by the same insects when we die so what's the point in arguing.

But, going back to the story, I raged a lot. I told the pilot to land somewhere and turn around to go back to my mother's mansion.

Now, I'm here. Stuck inside the man's house who bombed my mother when I was gone. Everyday, I think about killing him. I'm under the same room with the enemy now. As I said before, I'm close, yet so far.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 3:

First Dinner