Tragedy Always Follows Happiness

Mira

A week has passed by. The doctors removed Lucy's arm from her elbow-down and I paid for her prosthetic to look the same as her arm. She's upset about losing her arm and cried all night at the hospital.

Natsu has been going to the hospital a lot in the past days, not caring if someone sees him. The girls and I had realized that Natsu cares deeply for Lucy and that he wants her safe and protected.

I'm starting to think that he has feelings for my boss.

Natsu had told the girls and the rest of his organization that he had murdered Sting at his house. But Gajeel still has doubts that he's not dead.

That bastard deserves to pay a visit to Hell. And he should stay there because that's where he belongs. No harm should have came to Lucy in the first place and it's all because of him.

This war hasn't ended yet. And I have a feeling that somebody else will come looking for more blood...our blood. Somebody so powerful will come looking for Lucy and Natsu.

But that's besides the point.

Lucy's arm needs to be healed first in order to put the prosthetic in. It'll take about a month or so for the prosthetic to be finished. I just hope Lucy can get comfortable for just one month with half of her right arm.

She doesn't have a weak heart anymore. She managed to survive it. But the doctor said that Lucy will be experiencing heart ache in the most unexpected moments. She'll need to swallow a pill in order for the pain to go away.

Natsu opens the door for Lucy at her new house we purchased the day after the explosion blew up our home. It's a white and brown big house with palm trees and shiny floors. Inside the house, there's brown furniture and a small chandelier above the living room and dining room.

"It looks...beautiful. Thanks for the new house, guys." Lucy says, looking around the place.

"You always like it brown and white, Lucy. I chose it for you when Levy and I bought it." Erza says, smiling.

"Thank you. It's really great. But, I wanna go to bed already. I'm feeling a bit... ailing." Lucy says, and Natsu takes her left hand.

"C'mon, I'll take you to your room. Erza told me where it is." Natsu says, and I smile.

He's really sweet to her. Lucy always had bad relationships with men. I wonder if those two will be a thing in the future.

"Thanks."

While Natsu takes Lucy upstairs to her room, I look at Erza and sigh.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"It's nothing. Just tired of what's been going on. All I want is peace and quiet." I said, going towards the couch and collapsing.

"I'll bring us a bottle of wine so we can relax." Erza says, and I grin, closing my eyes.

Wine. Just what Lucy and I would need right now.

Lucy

Natsu helps me go towards my bed and I lay down gently and carefully. He pulls to covers up over my body and I sigh, feeling a lump in my throat.

"How is your arm?" Natsu asks, and just the reminder of my arm brought a tear sliding down my face.

"It's not hurting anymore. But I just hate how I don't have it anymore. My mother would always hold my right hand when I was little. Without my arm, I don't even know how her touch feels like again." I said, another tear sliding down.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up memories. I'm sure you miss your mother a lot just like I miss my father. They both died by the hands of a drug lord." Natsu says, and I look at him.

I bring my left hand over on top of his and he glances up at me. Small tears were pooling in his eyes and I grin a little.

"We have the same story. We're both wanted drug lords and our parents died the hands of our enemies. The two of us couldn't even choose what we wanted for ourselves. This fate of becoming a queen pin chose me. I didn't. Just like you. You said your father was a drug lord and you took over his organization. You didn't had a choice." I said, my heart beating comfortably.

"I did had a choice. I could've abandoned his organization and became someone else in life. But I chose it. His enemies were coming after me and I had to take over."

"Exactly. You couldn't choose for yourself because the enemies were after you. You had to do it." I said, giving him soft eyes.

Natsu looks at me and brings up his other hand, caressing my cheek.

"You deserve someone who will make you happy every single day and every single minute. You're too precious to be in this war in the first place. I don't want anything happening to you anymore, to be honest." Natsu says, and my heart tingles.

"Maybe I do deserve someone who will make me happy every single day and every single minute. Perhaps if you'd let me...I could spend it with you." I said in a low tone.

His expression changes. A small smile appears in his lips but then a frown comes after it. His eyes gaze somewhere else and I look at him confused.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't deserve you, Luce. Please, it'll be best if we just remained friends. Even though I want to." Natsu replies, and I blink.

"But if you want to, we can give it a try, Natsu! Why are you saying that you don't deserve me?"

"It's nothing. I would totally love to give it a try, Luce...but I can't. I don't want to hurt you. I've realized when we were officially partners that I've grown feelings for you. But, you and I can't be a thing. Not after what I did."

My lips part and I stare at him in a hurtful expression. I actually thought we had a chance together. Natsu cares for me and likes me, but what did he do that's stopping him for being with me?

"Natsu...please. What's stopping you from us being together?" I ask, tears flowing in my eyes.

"Sorry, princess. But I can't tell you just yet. I wish it didn't had to turn out like this. I never knew that I would fall in love with you. But I did. And it hurts me inside." Natsu says, tears falling down his cheeks.

"B-But–"

"Goodbye, Luce. Let's leave it like this." He says, leaning in.

He kisses me on my forehead and I close my eyes, letting the liquid fall down my face. Natsu leans away and my lips tremble.

"I hope...you can forgive me one day."

He turns around and leaves my room. I take a deep breath and let the last tears escape. Love is always stupid. Just when I thought I could be happy, tragedy comes.

Why can't we fall in love once with the right person?

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 17:

What He Did

*

So, I have a question! Would you guys want to see Erza and Mira to have a yuri relationship in this story? Don't worry, Jerza will happen in this story. Just a bit curious if you guys would like to have a yuri relationship of Mira and Erza.

I think it'd be cute and fun to write them together. If not Mira and Erza, who would you like to see be in a yuri relationship? Juvia and Erza? Mira and Juvia?

<just those suggestions>