Life with Twins

The next day, Lucy and Natsu finally took Salvador and Nashi to their home. A welcome party greeted them four and so many baby toys were inside their room. Lucy was tired, and she just wanted to sleep on her bed. Natsu accompanies her and the two rest on their bed. Mira took care of the twins, putting them inside their cribs.

"What are these?" Natsu asks, grabbing a baby monitor.

"It's a baby monitor, Natsu. There's one at the twins' room and ours. It's so we can hear them. It's basically like a phone." Lucy explains, shutting her eyes.

"I see."

Natsu sets it back down on the side table and turns off the lights, snuggling next to Lucy. He closes his eyes and goes into a slumber. But just after 20 minutes went by, the baby monitor sounds off.

The twins are crying.

Natsu wakes up, being the first one to hear it since he has sensitive hearing. He sighs, and opens up his covers. Rubbing his eyes, Natsu stands up and walks towards the door.

He opens it, and goes to the room from across of his. Natsu unfastens the door, and goes inside, hearing Nashi and Salvador crying. He turns on the nightlights and quickly approaches Nashi.

"Shh, go back to sleep, yeah? Mommy and Daddy are trying to rest, you know?" Natsu asks in a soft tone.

Nashi continues to cry, and he looks at Salvador, who is also yelling and crying. Lucy enters the room, and picks up Salvador.

"If we're going to be parents, we'll suffer together by not getting sleep for these two midgets." Lucy says, chuckling.

She has bags under her eyes, and she looks completely tired. Natsu doesn't blame her, seeming that she just got discharged from the hospital and only wants to sleep.

The two of them attend their kids, Lucy breastfeeding Salvador because he was crying of hunger and Natsu changing Nashi's diapers. After a few minutes of making them go back to sleep, Lucy and Natsu carefully lay the twins down on their cribs.

Lucy slowly walks, yawning and approaching the door. Natsu sees as she walks away, and quickly catches her before she falls down on the ground.

"Mm." She mumbles, wrapping her arms around Natsu's shoulders.

Her eyes is closed, and she's completely out of it. Natsu carries her bridal style back into their room and lays her down on the bed, bringing the covers up over her shoulders. Natsu sighs, and yawns, going back to sleep.

"You look really tired, Lucy. Is life with twins hard for you?" Mira asks, concerned as she cooks breakfast.

"I couldn't sleep at all. The twins kept crying and making noise in the baby monitor. I didn't imagine having kids would ruin your sleep routine." Lucy mumbles, resting her head down on the counter.

"How's Natsu?"

"Worn out as well."

"That must be...tiring. But that's what it is like to have kids, you know? Take advantage that they're babies now. Remember, kids grow up too fast." Mira says, putting another layer of pancake on Lucy's plate.

"I know. But how am I going to take advantage if I'm always going to be tired? Yesterday was barely the first night." She replies, pouring syrup on her pancakes.

"Erza and Levy are taking care of the twins right now. Man, I'm so...tired!" Natsu yells out, going inside the kitchen.

His hair is a mess, and he also has bags under his eyes. He takes out a carton of milk, and opens it, chugging it all down. Natsu scratches his head, setting down the milk at the counter.

"For once, I'm quite glad I'm sterile. But, I'm sure you two will get used to it in the future. Having babies are God's gift that was sent down from Heaven. You two just gotta be patient with time." Mira says, serving Natsu a plate of three pancakes.

"You make it sound so easy, Mira. Oí, Natsu? How did you sleep last night?"

"I couldn't. Salvador and Nashi kept making noises. And I have sensitive hearing!" He complains, chomping on his pancake.

Lucy chuckles, drinking her glass of milk. Natsu glances at her, feeling offended that Lucy has laughed at his struggles.

"What are you laughing at?"

"At your stress. That makes both of us." She says, smiling.

"I guess."

Three weeks has went by, and Lucy and Natsu couldn't even focus on their business. Erza and Mira has handled the situation with ease, telling the two to lay off of the business so they can be in charge for a while until the two are fully recovered.

Natsu and Lucy play around with their kids, showing them toys and dolls.

"You really do put everything in your mouth. N-No, don't eat shoes! That's not good for you. Are you hungry? I can feed you if you want?" Lucy scolds lightly, taking it away from Nashi.

Nashi grows to have salmon hair, just like her father. And Salvador grows to have blonde hair, just like his mother. But, their eye color are either green or brown. Nashi's eyes are a shade of green with a small tint of brown in it and Salvador's eyes are just brown.

"You know, Mira was right. We got used to waking up at night and attending our kids. It's become a routine now." Lucy says, gently tickling Nashi.

"Yeah, that's true. These guys are the best thing that's happened to me." Natsu says, smiling at both Nashi and Salvador.

"I love you so much." Lucy says, and Natsu chuckles.

"I love you, too–ah, you're talking to Salvador and Nashi. Jeez, buddies. Now I have to show affection to your mother 'cause you're winning her over." Natsu said, scooting closer to Lucy.

She laughs, and they kiss on the lips, smiling while at it.

"And I love you too, you big doofus." She replies.

"Awe, I feel honored. I love you too."

Suddenly, the babies giggle, smiling and making noises, interrupting their parents' romantic moment.

"They're...so adorable I can't stay mad at them." Natsu said, chuckling.

"I so agree."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 53:

The Peace is Over