Plan SE

Lucy

The next day, Dragneel and I were discussing plans on how to get Sting into our hands. We came up with one that we both finally agreed on, but at the beginning, didn't.

"Whoa whoa whoa! You want me to go the lion's den and get Sting's trust!? Are you kidding!?" I complain, not believing what Dragneel is saying.

"Listen, Sting or anyone doesn't know that we've allied together. He still thinks that you and I are enemies and that we want to rip each other's throats! Work with him and try to get as much information you can about his methods. Does he ship his merchandise through tunnels? The sea using submarines? By air? You have to get that kind of information. Once you do, you can call me and I'll blow his cocaine so he can be so pissed!"

"Wait, how is that trying to kill Sting? We're just getting him angry, Dragneel."

"Exactly! This is just the beginning. This is my way of showing to not fuck with the wrong person. So give him a call...and tell him to meet you up somewhere for dinner." Dragneel says, smirking.

"Fine! But one thing's for sure is that I'm not sleeping with that guy. I just want to hurt him and the people he cares about. That'll show him how I felt." I said, taking a sip of red wine.

"Awesome! Finally, we reached to an agreement." He says, and I smile at his enthusiasm.

"You've murdered so many people and yet you stay enthusiastic. Doesn't all those dead people weight you down?"

"Nope. Not at all. But, I do sometimes feel guilty because I took innocent lives away with the war I had with Sting. Also, I'd like to thank you for being so generous in taking care of the families of the people that had passed away during the war. Even the ones that survived but had severe injuries. So...thank you." Natsu says, and I smile once again.

"Well, I couldn't just leave them hanging. I don't like taking innocent lives. And may the people rest in peace. Especially the children." I said, remembering the screams of pain and agony from the people.

"Please! My son isn't breathing! He's only 4 years old! I don't have much money to take him to the hospital!" A mother yelled, carrying her son (who was bleeding) in her hands.

"Por favor! Ayuda me! Mi niña se perdió su mano en un explosión en la casa! Se me está muriendo!" A father yells in agony in Spanish, but I couldn't understand what he was saying.

All I knew is that he needed help.

"Lucy? Earth to Lucy!"

"Oh, sorry. I was just remembering the incident that happened. You were saying?"

"I asked you if you're gonna call Sting right now or later."

"Oh, what the heck."

I grab a phone that can't be traced and dial Sting's contact number. Every drug lord knows every dealers' number. They get it somehow by telling someone kindly or forcing them.

Or they just traced the phone number.

I put the phone against my ear and clear my throat, hearing it dial. Mentally preparing myself, I take a deep breath and let it out. Soon enough, somebody picks up the cellphone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Sting Eucliffe?"

"Who is speaking?" 

"I asked a question. Is this Sting?" I interrogate, getting a bit impatient.

"I'm his hitman. What do you want with the boss?"

"Tell your boss that I want to speak with him. Say that it's the drug lord, Lucy Heartfilia speaking." I said, glancing at Dragneel.

"Wait a moment."

A few seconds pass, and Sting himself finally talks.

"Well would you look at who is calling me?Hello, Lucy! How's it going?"

"Hey. I don't really want to talk on the phone with you about this matter but I've thought about this for a while. I need to see you and talk to you about bringing Dragneel down after what he has done to me. Can we meet up?"

"Interesting. So after all this time, you finally want to team up and bring that bastard down to Hell where he belongs? Something is fishy here, missy."

"Listen, I want him dead. Dragneel and I are enemies, that's for sure. Nothing will ever change that. You and him were enemies before I even began my organization. I'm really getting tired of him, Sting. Please, can we meet up at a restaurant? We can have dinner and talk." I said, gulping.

"Alright, fine. If it's to take that asshole down, I'd do anything. Especially with you, princess." Sting replies, and I make a disgusting face.

"Okay! Thank you. How about you pick me up from the park tomorrow at 5 and you can choose the restaurant we'll be attending? Sounds good?"

"Of course it is! See you tomorrow, cutie."

I hang up and sigh, running my hands through my hair. My guts are telling me that I shouldn't gain Sting's trust and betray him. But I have to do it to avenge my mother and my town. I can't let their death and destruction go to vain. 

"Are you okay?" Dragneel asks, and I sniff.

"Sorry, it's just...this is the first time I'm ever afraid of trying to avenge someone and something. I feel like this isn't going to work out." I said, taking a deep breath, controlling my emotions.

"It's okay if you're scared. You have the right to. That man has done nothing but rain blood. I promise you, you are not alone in this, Luce. I'll be here." Dragneel says, and I look at his green eyes.

"Thanks."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 6:

Getting Tricked