Halo

Lucy

Standing in front of my mother's gravestone which has tons of white roses and plants, I kneel down and touch the stone with my fingers, dusting off the particles.

"Hi, Mama. It's been a while since I last visited you. Sorry that I couldn't keep with the visits but there was a lot going on. I hope you can understand that. My business is going great. I've joined alliance with my current boyfriend, Natsu. Just like Mavis's, we named our new cartel FairyTail. Sorry, I know you don't like when I talk about my business. You've always hated this drug organization. You always wanted me to have a good legal job and to live a better life. Perhaps I should have listened to you, Mama. But I didn't." I said, gently planting the white roses on top of her tomb.

Erza and Mira were right beside me and tells me that Natsu is coming. He kneels down beside me and looks at the gravestone.

"Layla Heartfilia. That's a pretty name." Natsu says, and I grin a little, chuckling.

"Yeah. Layla is a pretty nice name. Grandma did a good job in choosing that name. My mother and my grandma are probably looking down from heaven, watching the two of us visit them. Ah, I nearly forgot. Mama, this is Natsu, the man I love." I said, presenting him.

"Hi...Layla. I honestly don't know what to say to her." Natsu says, and I comforted him.

The fact that he killed my mother and is now currently standing in front of the gravestone puts Natsu in an upset mood.

"It's alright. I'm sure Mom knows that you regret it. But she always gives chances to everyone and forgives. Don't worry, you can talk to her from the heart." I said.

He takes a deep breath and looks at the gravestone.

"I'm sorry for giving that order. I was immature back then and wasn't thinking straight. It's my fault that you died and it's my fault that you left your daughter alone too soon. If you were here, alive today, you'd be happy and comforting Lucy like a good mother would do. I didn't know what it was like to have a mother so I guess I got a bit envious when Lucy's Mom was still alive during her organization. You see, my mother was killed by a bastard that's still alive today and although I never met her, I still miss her presence somehow. But I knew that I shouldn't have taken it out on you or Lucy. Don't worry, I'll take a good care of your daughter. I love her with all I have...so please, when I'm not around, watch her from heaven. Bring the light from your halo to Lucy and our friends." Natsu says, and I wipe off the small tears from my eyelids.

A sudden, soft gust of wind blows around us and a smile grows on my lips. That must be from my mother saying that she forgives him. Natsu smiles and sniffs, laying a small white rose down on the tomb.

"Thank you." He whispers.

We both stand up and I take a deep breath. After saying goodbye to my mother, we headed back to the car and drove back to headquarters.

We decided to leave Magnolia for good. After all the violence we've been through and all the tough times, we all left and traveled to Miami, Florida to start a new life. The warehouses that produced our merchandise got transferred to four of the warehouses in Miami. Our farmers got a free ticket to travel as well and take a break from the producing.

A couple of days pass by and we finally made it the airport of Miami. The sun was shining brightly outside and warmed everything that's alive. The wind was quite well and it was just a beautiful weather.