3 Months Later Without You

Natsu

I never knew that you can feel so empty by missing someone that's so dear to you. I always thought that once someone leaves, you'll just forget about that person forever. But, I was wrong.

It's been three months since Lucy and I last saw each other. The only time I get to see her was on TV, where the news reporter states that they seized Lucy Heartfilia's 1 ton of cocaine from the highway.

They showed a picture of her and a small clip and photos of the merchandise. She's been given a higher price for her head. I ship my merchandise but not as much as I used to. My brain doesn't function correctly without her.

I know, I should just move on. But I can't. I tried with other women, but every woman reminds me of Lucy. Maybe she's already moved on. Perhaps she forgot who I am now.

"Oi, Natsu? You haven't eaten anything for a week now. You need to come to the dining room and–" Gray says, but I interrupt him.

"Fine."

"Listen, if you don't come, I'll simply come and drag you–wait, what?"

"I'll go eat. C'mon, it's time I move on and focus on the business." I said, giving him a small smile.

"So you're back to being bossy and messy!?" Gray asks.

"Yeah. Why not?" I said, and he gives me a fist pump.

"Atta boy! Everyone! The Natsu Dragneel is back in business!" Gray shouts out, and everyone cheers as I come out from my room.

"We should celebrate with a feast! The fire dragon has finally awoken from his nap, huh!? You must be starving now." Gajeel yells out, and I scoff.

"You just want a feast because of the food." I said.

"Don't you?!" Gajeel asks, and I smirk, defeated.

"You're right! Everyone, let's get prepared for a feast!"

It's time for a new start for me. When the time comes, you just gotta move on from someone or something eventually. And when that day comes, you have to start new once again.

I hope Lucy is doing alright without me. It's been rough for me in the past three months without her but...I hope she's doing alright.

Lucy

My merchandise got seized two months ago. It's been three months since Natsu and I last saw each other. I never saw him in the news or in person whatsoever. I tried to avoid watching the TV because of him.

He must have seen the news where my merchandise got seized at the highway. Erza got arrested but I managed to set her free by escaping prison. There's no way I'm going to abandon my girls because they failed on delivering the merchandise to the clients.

It was just 1 ton of cocaine, it's not too much nor is it too little. I'm just glad that Erza was okay during the escape.

"What's the next thing to do, Lucy?" Erza asks, and I sigh.

"I...don't know. I guess we can just continue to ship our merchandise to clients. Contact Ichiya if he wants to have another shipment." I said, and she nods.

Today, the Celestial Cartel has been invited to a party. Many drug lords will be there and if an enemy shows up, we cannot fire our guns or do anything. It's basically a peaceful party where everyone can just be relaxed and having no intention in murdering someone.

I don't know if I should attend but Mira and Levy are saying that I should so I can keep my mind off of things from work. And I think they're right.

"Mira, please prepare a nice dress for me. We're going to the party." I said, sighing.

"Yay! I'll get everything ready, Lucy! And thank you for agreeing into this. You will have a blast."

"What if I encounter Natsu? Or even worse, Sting!"

"Remember, they won't try anything if they're invited. It's a peaceful party. Plus, we both know the host anyways. So relax, I'm sure Brandish won't let them start a fight at her party."

"Yeah, I guess so. Brandish really is a powerful woman. A much powerful woman than me. She's really rich and has a good job. I can't believe she's inviting drug lords to a party, Mira. She's taking a risk."

"She's the boss of her business, Lucy. She can basically do whatever she wants unless she doesn't get caught by the law. Now that will be her downfall." Mira says, and I nod.

"Anyways, let's get ready. It's about to be time to go." I reply, and we both go up the stairs.

Please, Mavis...don't let me encounter Eucliffe or Dragneel at the party. Please.

After getting ready, we finally made it to the party. Levy, Erza, Juvia, Mira, and I enter the beautiful mansion and are greeted by Brandish and another blonde woman.

"Lucy! So glad you can attend my party. It's so nice to see you again." Brandish says, and I smile, embracing her.

"Likewise! Thanks for inviting me. And who's this?" I ask, smiling.

"This is Dimaria, a good friend of mine. Dimaria, this is Lucy, the leader of the Celestial Cartel." Brandish introduces, and I raise my hand to shake her hand.

"Nice to meet yo–"

"So you're the one whose drugs got seized in the highway. Shoot, I think you might have a traitor around your household, Lucy. 'Cause no cops would have found out about that truck will 1 ton of cocaine." Dimaria says, shaking my hand.

"I know...and I'm figuring out who sold me out 'cause it got Erza arrested. But, I'm not here business. I'm here to have fun with my girls." I said, giving Brandish one last smile and departing.

"You guys can wander around and have fun. You don't have to follow me everywhere."

"But we're you're bodyguards. Plus, there's drug lords here that can kill you." Levy whispers, and I chuckle.

"This is a peaceful party. Please, go enjoy yourselves. Dance, drink, do whatever you guys want. As long as it's not extreme." I said.

"Whatever you say, Lucy. Alright, girls! Let's all have a drink!" Mira says, and the girls cheer.

I sit down at the bar stool, ordering a drink. Suddenly, a man sits down next to me, and orders a drink for himself. With my peripherals, he has similar features like Natsu and my heart quickens.

Mavis, please don't let it be him.

"Hey. What's a pretty lady doing here all by herself?" He asks, and I look up.

It's not Dragneel.

"H-Hi. Uh, my girls are having fun. I'm just here to have a drink." I said, my nerves calming down.

"This house filled with drug lords is seriously a risky thing that Brandish can do. I mean, she's a business woman and not only that it's a stake for her, but for the rest of the drug lords who have enemies in this room. Can you tell my who you're enemies are?" The blonde asks, and I chuckle.

"At the moment, I don't quite see any. I don't have too many enemies. For me, I only have two. And that's Sting and Natsu."

"Wow! Such enemies, I may say so myself. Why? What did they do?"

"I don't even know your name, mister blonde. You think I'm going to tell you my story?" I ask, accepting the drink from the bartender.

"Haha! You're right. I'm Larcade. Larcade Dragneel." He says, and I widen my eyes.

"W-What? You're a Dragneel?"

Natsu has a brother!?

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 20:

Encountering You Once Again