Always Be Missed

Lucy

To people burying an animal...is something small than burying a human. To some other people, burying their pet kills them more inside than burying people. But to me, anyone or anything that I love dies, it breaks me inside. I feel like it's my turn to die with all this sadness and despair.

Looking at the number of times I've seen Larcade happy, I've always thought to myself; this man will be the happiest man ever with his optimism. He will have a beautiful future with Mira and his adopted kids to form a family.

But now all those thoughts have shattered like a rock crashing to a mirror.

Mira, Brandish, and I softly toss our white roses down to Larcade's coffin, and the gravediggers begin to bury him with dirt. Everyone dressed as black in honor of the dead. Mira wasn't shedding tears anymore, and Brandish wasn't either. We all held them in. because Larcade had asked when he was once alive, to not cry during his funeral.

And we're completing that.

"Larcade Dragneel was a son, a friend, and a good companion. May God and His angels meet up with him and bring him towards the light. In the name of the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit, amen." The priest says.

Realizing now that Larcade is officially gone, I feel liquid streaming down on my right cheek. My lips tremble and I try to hold in my tears. Natsu grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.

"It's time now." Natsu says, and I nod.

We all grab our guns, charge them, and aim them at the sky. This is going to be a tradition for a person very dear to us that dies. We'll be sending bullets to them in honor of their memory.

Natsu fires first, and everyone follows. The sounds of the loud bullets firing doesn't faze me or anyone. We're kind of used to it already. But the priest flinches a little.

After a couple of shots, we lower our guns and everyone spreads around, going back to the vehicles to leave. Mira and Brandish stay behind, staring at the grave. I wipe away my tear and hold hands with Natsu.

"Mira, Brandish...it's time to leave." He said softly.

"Yeah, we'll be right there." Mira says, and he nods.

"Let's go. We'll wait for them at the car."

The two of us walk away, and I take a deep breath. I wonder, who will be the next person we'll have to bury? Juvia is in a deep condition and she's still in the hospital. But she's slowly recovering day by day.

Gray didn't come to the funeral because he has to take care of Juvia at the hospital. He wanted to come because Larcade was his best friend, but unfortunately, Juvia is at risk of dying as well and Gray has to keep an eye on her.

I'm almost five weeks pregnant, which means I'll later start to feel morning sickness. At times, I get tired and just feel like doing nothing, but work has me doing a lot. While we're mourning, we won't be doing work. The business will be closed for a short while, and once everyone has recovered and moved on from Larcade's death, we'll get back in action.

The plan after all of this is to figure out a way to attack Achnologia and Zeref, and finish them off for good. I'm not planning in losing anyone else in this organization, but knowing how life and those two are, it's going to be impossible for me to keep my family alive.

Including my two kids.

Five months went by, and everyone has officially moved on from Larcade's death. He'll forever be missed and be in our hearts, but time heals everything. Mira is back in action, and Brandish is working in her chemical laboratory. She wants to open up a business for chemists to do studies of chemistry and the composition of matter and it's properties.