Zeref's First Attack on FairyTail

Lucy

It was the middle of the night. Erza and Gray barged inside my room, telling me that Larcade and Natsu are gone. I widen my eyes in shock and I grab a robe to put on. Following Erza and Gray downstairs, I grit my teeth.

"Brandish told me that Larcade had knocked her out so he can join Natsu in the quest of looking for Zeref. I've called the both of them but it seems that they got rid of their phones. Plus, we can't locate them with the chip they have in their devices. They might've purchased a new one." Erza says, and I sigh.

"Those two are complete idiots! Why would they think looking for Zeref is a good plan!?" I question, turning on the lights.

"What do we do?" Gray asks.

"There's nothing much we can do. They're gone. Nobody knows where Zeref is at except for Larcade. We're just going to have to wish them the best to not get themselves killed." I said, feeling a rush of stress entering me.

"Larcade owes me for leaving me unconscious. When he comes back, I'll give him a good lesson." Brandish says, rubbing the back of her head.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. This is nothing to what I've been through." Brandish says, and I nod.

Suddenly, two explosions erupts at the entrance and at the roof. Everyone goes down, covering their heads so the cobblestone doesn't hit them. Smoke and fire blossoms from the explosion and I look up to see who attacked us.

"What in the world!? Lucy, are you alright?!" Erza questions, coming towards me.

"I'm okay! The others must be scared by the explosion! Go check up on Wendy and Romeo! Alzack and Bisca can check up on their daughter." I said, and Erza nods, leaving.

"Lucy! Watch out!" Gray shouts out, going in front of me as he receives a bullet.

"Gray!"

He gets shot in the chest of his right side and he slips down. I kneel down and grit my teeth, tears pooling up in my eyes. Brandish shoots at the men coming inside and my people come as well, preparing fire.

"Gray, hang in there, please. Don't you dare go to sleep on me!" I said, putting pressure on his wound.

"Gray-sama! Oh my god, he's injured!"

"Juvia! Take Gray somewhere safe! He needs medical attention now!" I announce, trying to put Gray to his feet.

"Th-There's no way...I'm leaving you here alone. You need to come with Juvia. I'll be fine. I need to defend this–" Gray says, stuttering.

"Stop being stubborn, Gray! Juvia, this is an order! Leave now with Gray! He's losing too much blood and I'm not planning on losing any of you guys. Go!" I yell out.

Juvia helps Gray and the two leave as the rest shoot fire at the enemies. I don't momentarily have my gun and it's inside my room! Turning around, I sprint up the stairs and towards my room.

This attack has to be from Zeref! Why is he attacking us now all of a sudden!?

Going inside my room, I go to my drawer and open it, grabbing my gun. I turn around and charge my gun, getting ready to shoot fire. But all of sudden, the tip of a gun points at the back of my head and I raise my hands up.

"Lucy Heartfilia, I'm so glad to finally meet you in person." He says, and I gulp.

"W-Who are you? What do you want?"

"I'm sure you heard of me. Did you like that gift I left you? Sting screamed so much when I cut his off alive. Larcade already told you guys that I'm Natsu's brother." He says, and I widen my eyes.

"Z-Zeref. What are you doing here? Why are you attacking us now?! You had all this time and why didn't you–"

"Because it's a perfect timing. I didn't wanted to run into Natsu just yet so when he and Larcade left to go find me, it was the perfect time to go and attack your house."

I slowly turn around and look at him in the face. He has black hair and black eyes, and he's wearing a black coat with grey pants and shoes. He looks quite intimidating but I bet Achnologia looks more scarier.

"Are you going to kill me? Do it! You'll regret it afterwards because with a gunshot coming from my room, my people will be barging in here shooting you." I said.

"Pfff, don't make me laugh. Drop your gun now. They won't hear the gunshot because they'll think that it's from their enemies or one of their allies shooting. Drop it." He says, charging his gun.

I drop my gun slowly, glaring at him.

"What are you going to do to me? Just kill me once and for all." I said.

"Nah, that'd be less painful. I'm going to torture you and make your body bruise up from all the beatings I'm going to give you. This will make Natsu suffer that I hurt his beloved Lucy and he'll blame himself for not protecting you."

"You're going to kill me anyways after the torture. That's what everyone does!"

"Nah, I'm going to make you live. After the torture, humiliation, and beatings, I'm going to give you back to your cartel, FairyTail. They'll see that they couldn't even do their job in protecting you." He says, touching my cheek.

"You can't make me join you."

"Oh really? Jackal, do you have the little girl?" He asks through his radio that contacts others.

"Yes, I do. I've knocked her parents out unconscious and she's crying for help and her parents. Don't worry, blondie...they're alive. There's no way I'll let this girl be an orphan." The man named Jackal says, laughing.

"You can't hurt Azuka! She's not to blame for anything! Let her go, please. Don't hurt her." I said, tears pooling in my eyes.

"Jackal will leave her alone if you come with me. It's your way. You choose. Are you really going to let Azuka die just because you don't want to come with me?" Zeref says, and I grit my teeth.

"Fine. I'll go with you! But I need to know if this isn't a joke! Don't hurt, Azuka, please." I said, begging.

"Jackal, leave through the window. She finally agreed to come with me. Leave the little girl alone with her parents." Zeref says through the radio.

"Alright. Meet you at the headquarters, blondie. Over and out." Jackal says, and I wipe away my tears.

Suddenly, the last thing I saw was Zeref smiling and someone from behind me hits me with their gun, knocking me unconscious.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 34:

Heartfilia Bloodshed

*

I feel like this chapter is all over the place. But at the same time, I feel like it's still at least good. Anyways, it's almost my birthday! 3/5! I'm so excited! It's next week on a Monday! :)