The Rain Woman

Gray

"Is this really going to work out? It's been two days since Lucy told us about our mission. Yesterday, she told us the plan. Are you sure it won't backfire?" I said, walking towards the front doors with Juvia.

"Juvia is sure because Lucy made the plan. Juvia trusts Lucy and she will never make a plan without calculating things. She's got the mind like Mavis." Juvia says, and I glance at her one more time.

I ring the doorbell to Sting's household. The doors open to reveal hired hitmen looking at us.

"You must be Juvia Lockser." One hitman says.

"Yes. Juvia is expecting a meeting with Sting Eucliffe." Juvia says, with a smile.

"Hey, tell the boss that she's here. Please, hand me your weapons. We'll keep them safe."

"What? Why?" I ask.

"It's part of our safety procedure. I suggest you follow along or things will get ugly." He says, and I glare at him.

Juvia and I take out our guns and hand them over to the hitman. He lets us in and we look around the house. It's pretty big but the decoration is slightly off with the blue and yellow.

"The decoration is ugly." I whisper to her, and she snorts.

"Stop. Be serious."

The men lead us inside a room, which was an office. There was a long walkway towards the desk and I look around the room. It looks terrible! This man has no taste at all.

I prefer Natsu's liking in red than blue.

"Boss, they're here."

The chair turns around to reveal Sting Eucliffe, the famous blue eyed drug lord. He gives us a smirk and shoos off his men to leave us alone.

"Well, hello! Glad you could come and meet with me, Juvia." Sting says, standing up and going around the desk to confront Juvia.

"The pleasure is all mine. I heard about your partnership with Lucy Heartfilia. She cut ties with you, huh?"

"Ugh, don't get me started on that blondie. She went up to me to start a partnership and now she ended it. She's a lowlife, man! But somehow, that girl got me attracted to her. Anyways, what brings you here, Juvia? What brought you to want to start a partnership with me?"

"Lucy Heartfilia is a terrible person. The two of us have something in common. We both hate her. Juvia wants to work with you so we can destroy her and make our businesses grow." Juvia says, and Sting narrows his eyes.

"I see. Well, I do want to destroy her. But, I want to start off with her organization first. I have a chip inside her phone that makes me listen in to her calls. And I've heard quite a few by that traitor." Sting says, and I see Juvia get tensed.

"R-Really? With who has she talked to?"

Sting's eyes begin to show a dark blue. He glares at Juvia and a vein pops up in his forehead. I widen my eyes, thinking that he caught on with our plan.

"She was talking to that fucking bastard, Natsu Dragneel! She betrayed me! That's why that bitch wanted to know where my tunnels are! She wanted to destroy them so she can leave me with no ways to ship my merchandise! And...I also heard your name too. Your name is really rare for someone to be called Juvia. Lucy was trying to set me up but guess what? I'm one step ahead of her already." Sting says, and I grit my teeth.

I go in front of Juvia, protecting her. Sting smirks and laughs, and I grit my teeth in pure anger.

"Gray..."

"You guys don't even have your guns! How will you ever defend yourselves!?"

"With this!"

Juvia hands me a pocketknife hidden under her dress and I open it, throwing it towards Sting. It stabs his shoulder and he grunts in pain.

"Ugh! You fucking bastards!"

"Run, Juvia!" I yell, running towards the front doors.

"Stop right there! You won't get away with this!" Sting shouted, hearing gunshots coming from his office.

Sting's men chase after us, shooting their guns at us. I protect Juvia with my life as we head towards the door. In the distance, I can see our guns laying down on the table.

"Go out the door! I'll go get our guns!" I said, and Juvia nods.

She leaves the building and I sprint towards the guns. I grab them and charge mine, shooting at the men firing at me. Thinking that I was going to make it out safely, someone shoots my shoulder, making me stumble backwards.

"Agh!"

"Gray! Hurry up! Get inside the car!" Juvia shouts, and I sprint at the direction of the vehicle.

I open the door and go inside, Juvia driving off as soon as possible. I gulp, holding onto my injured shoulder. Taking a deep breath, Juvia asks if I'm alright.

"Yeah, I'm fine. They just shot me in the shoulder but I'll be okay. Just please, hurry back to Lucy's headquarters. They might be following us from behind." I said, stuttering a bit.

"Alright!"

Lucy

As I walk down the stairs talking on the phone with Dragneel, Mira comes running towards me. She looks panicked and I stare at her confused and scared.

"Lucy! The plan backfired! Juvia just called! Sting knew that Juvia was working for you!"

"What!? How!?"

She signals at my phone and I widen my eyes, realizing what she's talking about. I go to the back of my phone and there was a chip in it! Gritting my teeth, I take it out and drop it to the ground, stepping on it.

"That fucking imbecile! Did one of them get injured!? Are they okay!?"

"Gray got shot in the shoulder. From what I heard, Gray is bleeding quite a lot. He's going to need medical attention as soon as possible! They're coming straight for your base, Lucy." Mira says, and I nod.

"Get everything ready to take the bullet out of Gray! Now!"

"Lucy, what's happening!? The plan backfired!?"

"Yes, but I can't talk to you on the phone, Dragneel! Come over and I'll explain everything–"

I get cut off by the sound of something beeping. I go closer to the direction of the sound and I widen my eyes, realizing what it is.

"Everyone! Bomb!"

BOOM!

"Lucy!!"

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 13:

The Explosion that Traumatized