Road Trip - Chapter Twenty-Five

Depuis le début

As Leo wrapped his arms around me, I felt my body instantly get dry. Something changed. I opened my eyes and found myself on a bed, hovering over Leo. Feeling the warmth shape of his body underneath my own made me feel like I was melting. My thoughts were scrambled and I couldn't think straight. His body satisfied me and made my own feel incredible. He looked into my eyes and pulled me closer till our bodies were one. Through the touch, I felt loved. Leo loved me. I could see it in his eyes and in the way he whispered my name.

"Nathan." Leo's voice echoed heavenly.

His voice drew me in closer and I kissed him. I became lost in his touch, in his voice. He soothed the bad memories away and replaced them with his unconditional love. For the first time in my life, I felt like Leo wasn't seeing through me. His eyes were on me and they were sweet like honey.

"Leo, I-I lo-," I hesitated momentarily but picked up where I left off and finished proudly, "I love you."

The smile Leo had disappeared. His face froze like a statue. He wasn't looking at me anymore. Then as my hands trailed down his naked torso, my fingertips left a trail of black ink. His body began to darken until everything I touched was black and gooey. Leo's body dissolved into a puddle of black ink. He was gone, and from his remains, something sinister rose and grabbed me, pulling me into the madness, leaving me screaming in emptiness until I woke up in the real world.

There was a loud knock on the door and I almost fell on the floor trying to untangle myself from the bed sheets. I still somehow managed to fall down, causing a loud thump that was heard in Texas.

"COMING!" I yelled when I realized that was probably not Leo, since he had a key.

I was going to have to write myself a reminder to never take another nap. It didn't feel good to wake up after that. Those types of dreams made me feel nauseous. Maybe talking about them would help, but who did I have for that? None of my friends understood me and I was not going to talk to Leo about dreams that involved himself.

Whatever. Like always I'll forget I even had the dream until next time.

"Yo," I said when I opened the door before knowing who it was. I cleared my throat when I saw it was some dude I've never seen before. He was pretty cute. "Heyyy."

"Hi." He laughed as I leaned against the doorframe. "Are you Leo's roommate?" He had an attractive accent.

"Yeah. What's up?" I asked as I crossed my arms–not because I wanted to amplify my muscles or anything.

He lifted a bag for me to see. "I'm dropping this off. He told me to leave it on his bed."

"Oh, is he coming back late?" I asked as I let him in.

"He said he was going to work a few more hours."

"Just put it on his desk," I said, pointing to the right side of the room. Leo's desk was in front of his bed against the wall with mine being on the other side of the room across from it. "What's your name? I've met all of Leo's friends but I've never seen you before."

"My name's Dakota. I'm Derek's friend. I just live close by and he asked me to give this to Leo. It's food." He placed the bag in the corner away from all the paperwork and laptop.

"Oh. You think he'll be mad if I eat it all?" I asked, smirking at him as I looked inside the large paper bag.

"Derek or Leo?"

"Leo."

"Yes. That's a yes. He literally drooled."

This guy was friends with Derek and lived all the way down here? I wasn't aware Derek even had any friends around here. He rarely came down to visit and when he did it was only because of Leo. I wondered if this Dakota guy was gay. Derek wasn't known for being cool in the gay crowd, at least from my experience.