Chapter Seven

[I see you reading, you better vote and don't read till you vote. YOU BETTER VOTE! DON'T IGNORE ME! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? STOP READING! VOTE! =D]

               I snapped my head towards Nicole, a slice of pizza hanging from her teeth as she stared back with fear in her eyes. I quickly got up from Derek's lap and ran after Nicole. She escaped the kitchen before I reached her and she used the kitchen table as an obstacle.

               "You told him!" I growled at her as I stood on the opposite side of the table. I tried to run around to catch her but she was fast. "I trusted you!"

               "I didn't tell him anything!" She mumbled with the pizza in her mouth. "I just stuck my tongue out at him."

               "I don't care what you both did. You still told him and I trusted you!" I thought about jumping over the dinner table but I might damage it and I don't want Steve to get mad at me.

               "By the looks of it you really don't look all that angry." She rolled her head at me.

               My jaw dropped. "Don't you roll your head at me you ... you ... Vicky sibling!"

               Her jaw mimicked mine. "You take that back!"

               I ran around the table again but she dodged me easily. How is she so fast and agile? I'm taller and stronger than her, yet she manages to miss me easily. I tried to run around again but a pair of hands caught me.

               "Let go of me!" I hissed at Derek as I kicked the air violently. "I have to kick her crotch!"

               "Calm down." He whispered calmly in my ear. I dropped my legs and relaxed all my muscles. He gently dropped me down on the floor and as soon as he did I ran away. Nicol was out in the open, no table to protect her.

               She dashed up the stairs and headed for our room. I followed but I was too late, she locked herself in our room. I looked back at Derek who gave me a stern look. Oh, is he mad at me for wanting to smack her brains out?

               "What?!" I shrieked at him after he held the expression for longer than needed. "She told you and she promised."

               "Promises are meant to be broken!" She yelled from the other side of the door. I kicked it just to scare her. "And I did you a favor, now you have Derek."

               "I don't have anyone."

               "Whoa," Derek intruded as he walked closer to me. "If I recall, just a few minutes ago you told me you loved me. So that makes me yours, because I love you, and it makes you mine, because you love me."

               "I was caught up in the moment!" I horribly lied. It was such a bad lie that I made look Pinocchio look like a sweet angel from above.

               "You're too easy to read." He smirked.

               "Get that smirk out of your face." I pointed a finger at him.

               "Oh will you two just kiss already?!" Nicole whined.

               "No." I crossed my arms childishly.

               Derek showed discomfort in his face, he's hurting? I sighed and dropped my hands. Why does this have to happen to me? Sure, I like Derek, possibly love him since he makes me feel like life is worth living. But there is just so much going on that I don't know if it will end up good.