CHAPTER 38

Can we just appreciate  ^^^^

Dee's P.O.V

"So what's up? Why'd you call us up for lunch?" Anthea askes as she looks through the menu.  

I roll my eyes. "You ask as if it's illegal to have a day out with you." 

 Janyce squints her eyes at me. "You have bags under your eyes, Dee. Why aren't you sleeping?"

I sigh, loudly, leaning back in my seat. "I just couldn't," 

The diner was semi-functioning. There weren't too many people here, but there was enough to fill the diner with chattering. 

They both give me a questioning look and Anthea lays her hand on mine. "What's wrong?"

"I-I found....." I pause and look up at them. "I found Thomas."

Both of their eyes widen. "You're kidding!" Janyce squeals as she jumps in her seat.

I stayed quiet giving them a small smile and shaking my head. 

How am I suppose to tell them that Landon, our childhood best friend, is my long lost brother? 

"I don't know how to explain this, to be honest with you." I bite the insides of my cheeks. "You guys are going think I'm joking for God's sake," I hunch down my chair, wanting to be swallowed into a black hole. 

They both frown, wanting to know more than just my shitty explanation

I pull my phone out and bring up a picture of Landon.

Their look at each other and then me and laugh. "Wrong picture! That's Landon, silly," Janyce states out the obvious, only making me give them a tight smile. 

"Oh whoops!" I swipe the picture and it shows another picture of Landon. "Here," 

"And it's still Landon," Anthea says. I swipe it again. "Still Lando-"

"Darlings," I sigh, switching my phone off and placing my head in my hands.

"Thomas is Landon," 

-----------------------------------------

I haven't spoken to Kaz since last night. 

After I explained to him that Landon was Thomas, he went monkey-shit crazy. He completely lost it, to the extent he was on the verge of beating Landon. 

I practically had to beg him to stop. 

After that, he just walked out on me and left to go to the Headquarters. I've texted him a couple of times but he never texted back. 

The house was still quiet and tidy, as I walked in. 

I take my phone out and bring his contacted up. I look over the screen, hesitating to call him. 

If I call him, he is probably going scream at me. Do I really want that? 

I shake my head and turn my phone. The last thing I want is making Kaz angrier. 

I feel my stomach cramp up and I groan.

Of course, I had to get my period. I wonder why I've been so moody today. 

I run to the toilet and let the shower run. I strip naked and step into the warm water, letting myself relax.

It's as if everyday life just gets harder and harder. 

You never know what is going to happen

I close my eyes and let the water run down my face. I shiver and feel goosebumps run across my body.