CHAPTER 18

Anthea's P.O.V

"You look beautiful," Jay whispers in my ears while we're sitting down in a large booth with the others. 

"So, I don't look beautiful every day?" I raise my eyebrow and try a joke around with him, as I read the menu.  

Jay squints his eyes. "Now now, sunshine. I'm not falling into this trap." I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach when he calls me 'Sunshine. 

"That's new," I chuckle a little. 

"What is? The nickname?" He looks over at me and places his arm on top of the booth seat. "It suits you, Sunshine." He says it again with more focus on the word. I could feel heat raise up on my cheeks. 

The waitress walks to our table, chewing her gum very loudly and bending over to show her cleavage. The girls and I look at each other uncomfortably and try not to laugh. "What can I get for you guys?" Her voice was a two-toned and high pitch, making me cringe. 

She looks up and gives the boys the signature slut smile - smiling, pushed out lip. I could honestly tell the boys didn't even notice her appearance, either to busy looking at the menu or talking to one of us. 

Kaz finally looks up at her and crunches his nose. "How about a new waiter?" He seemed annoyed by her presence.  

She stops chewing her gum and leans forward over Dee. "Why? I know you want me Mr.Black" She shaking her boobs in his face. I saw Dee grab onto his hand before he raised them to push the waitress down and out of Dee's space.   

"I'll have the steak," Jay catches her attention, making her stand up straight.   

"Same." Freddie and Kaz both same in sync. She writes it down and was about to walk away.  

Dee rolls her eyes and talks before she could ignore us. "Oh and since I fucking exist. I'll have a fish and chips," Dee says. 

"Yeah and I'll have a BLT, darling. " Janyce mocks her with the nickname.

They both look at me and smile. "I'll have the BLT too," I order, looking up at her with a fake, tight smile.

She writes it down in a rush, making me wonder if she even wrote all of our orders down.  Irritated by the presence of the girls and I, she walks away, swaying her hips in a unnatural fashion. I swear I heard Freddie burp up his puke and then swallow it back down.  

"Wow, someone's jealous," Janyce grins at her obvious remark making everyone laugh in agreement.

I feel Jay's hand find it's way to the top of my thigh, making the hairs stick up on the back of my neck. Thank god I'm wearing long jeans. 

He would have felt my goosebumps. 

Dee's P.O.V

"Kaz? Can you get up? I need to go to the restroom," I whisper into his ear. 

He raises his eyebrow and stands up, allowing me through. I walk to the bathroom and do my business. 

I look at myself in the mirror while washing my hands, scanning the faded bruises which have now permanently healed. 

I snap back into reality when I notice a mother and daughter walk in. The little girl smiles at me and I sweetly smile back through the mirror "She's really pretty mamma." She looks up to her mum and points at me. 

I look at her in awee. "Thank you, beautiful." I bend down to her level and kiss her cheek, making her giggle. "You really pretty too. Like a princess."