CHAPTER 24

Janyce's P.O.V

Run

It was the only word repeating within my mind as I ran down streets.

I couldn't breathe what so ever but it still didn't stop me from running. At this point, people were staring at me like I was a mental asylum patient. Luckily, I was wearing a fresh pair of clothing and shoes. 

I praise myself as I notice the local grocery store, in the corner of my eye. I place my hands on my knees, heavily panting as I try to catch my breath. I check behind my shoulder, hoping that no one had noticed that I was missing from the house and came after me. 

I escaped out the kitchen window as soon as Rayn walked into the room Dee was staying in.

As I walk down getting closer to home, I feel my sides cramp up, making me grunt in pain. I felt a sharp pain shoot under my boob. I was dehydrated. My head started to spin as I turned into my street. 

I did it. I made it make home with nothing but my speed. 

I tremble up the driveway and stop on top of the house porch. Everyone's car was parked on the either Jay's or my driveway.  

I struggle to bang on the door, but it was loud enough because the door opened soon as my hand left the surface of the door. 

I saw a bat come for my face, frightening me and making me tumble down the porch stairs. I reach for my head as my vision starts to spin, causing me to groan in pain. 

"Janyce!?" It was Anthea. 

I blink my eye a couple of times before, regaining a steady vision. I couldn't speak back because of how shocked I was.  I say sitting up as Anthea scurries to my side. "You're alive!" Anthea's arms come around me, tightly hugging me. 

I hiss as I felt a burn on my arm. I must have scraped my arm, falling down.  "Guy! Come down here! Now!" She screams, making my headache stronger. I hear multiple footsteps come from inside the house. 

"Babe we're busy. We don't ha-" Jay looks at me. "Janyce?"

"JANYCE? WHERE?" Freddie voices boom, making my eyes widen. 

I snap my head toward the house door as he comes running out. Suddenly, I forgot about everything as I scan his worried face. My hands push me up form the ground, helping me get up.

"Freddie!" He looks straight at me and quickly grabs onto me, probably realising come unstable I looked. My knees felt like jelly from running non-stop for at least an hour. He holds onto me, bringing my arms and wrapping them around his neck. He tightens the hug to the point where I couldn't breathe, what I didn't mind.  

"I thought I lost you, baby. I'm so sorry for leaving. Didn't they hurt you? Those fucking bastards" His moods changed every second. 

I weakly look up at him and smile. "I'm fine. Don't worry." 

"What about Dee?" The voice behind us boomed making my heart race in guilt. I left her there all alone with two psychopaths. 

I look over Freddie's shoulder and saw Kaz standing in the back with a dishearted face. "She's ok but not ok at the same time, Kaz," He immediately looks at me. "She won't eat or talk to anyone. I swear Rayn's on the edge of giving up." 

Kaz's eyes darken when at the bringing up of Rayn's name. "Did that bastard hur-" 

"No, he's obsessed with her." I shake my head him. "I don't think he'll ever hurt her," 

--------------------------------------------------------

Dee's P.O.V