CHAPTER 28

Dee's P.O.V

"Now, Anthea, your uncle told me about you girls."The owner of the boutique exclaims. "I'm thinking about hiring you three for the job."  

We were lucky enough to hear about the job offer when Anthea's uncle called to ask how she was doing. 

A fashion boutique never came to my mind. I did Visual Arts in high school as a subject so I guess it really did come in handy. Anthea's uncle was friends with the owner.  

"I mean, you girls are young and you seem to have great taste in clothes!" She eyes each one of us up and down. "You start next week Monday. I can't wait to see the potential you girls have!" The mid-aged lady squeals, making us laugh a little. 

Working here won't be such a hassle. We have an exciting boss. "Oh, my name is Grace, by the way." 

We all say thank you and walk out of her office. 

"WE JUST GOT FUCKING JOBS!" Janyce screams at random people, gaining some smiles and weird looks. We all laugh and get into a car. 

Anthea yawns. "I didn't get any sleep last night. I was up all night talking to - Nothing," She shuts her mouth straight away. 

I raise my eyebrow at her. "Talking to Jay?" 

Janyce says smirking. "I saw you leaving the front door,"

"Anthea! I told you you couldn't go to Jay's!" I shout and whack the side of her head. 

Anthea winces as she rubs the side of her head. "I'm sorry! He told me he had ice cream!" 

I pull my phone out, wanting to see what Kaz was up to. I press his contact and snicker, remembering what I did to him last night. 

K - Hello?! 

D - Kaz? 

He sounded half-asleep, making me frown. I thought he was supposed to be at work by 7. 

K - Hey princess. 

D - Were you sleeping? 

K - Yep, you woke me up. Morning.

D - Morning my ass, shouldn't you be at work?

K - It's only like 7 in the morning, Dee.

D - Kaz.....it's 1 in the afternoon. 

I here shuffling at the other end of the line. He must have jumped out of bed or something because I hear a loud thump. 

K - Shit! I'll call you later.

"Well, someone's late for work," I say out loud as I put my phone away.  

The girls chuckle as we look at each other. "Do you guy ever wonder what they um actually do as 'gang work'" Anthea says. 

I shrug my shoulders. "Trading of weapons and drugs?" 

I felt sick to my stomach, hearing myself say it. My boyfriend was working in an illegal industry and I'm out here living my life like its normal. 

"We all know they sell and buy drugs, but do you think they consume it?" Janyce looks at me thought the rear mirror. "They must be tempted by it." 

I give her a sad smile. "I'm sure they don't. They would smell like it, right Anthea?" I say looking at her. 

Anthea nods. "But then again, we still don't know half the things they do when they're at work." 

---------------------------------------------------

"A little salt, a little pepper, two spoons of butter and one spoon of milk," I add those ingredients to the mashed potatoes that were in a bowl.