CHAPTER 17

Kaz's P.O.V

I stand there as I feel the burning sensation across my cheek. My fingers reach my out to the tingles and rub it. 

She slapped me.  

I don't know if I should be shocked or angry with her. No one has ever slapped me, not even my mother, nor father. 

Her car had disappeared into the dark street as I look upfront.  

I walk over to my car and notice a piece of paper stuck to my windshield.  

Rose are Red 

Violets are Blue 

The more Dee's alone

The more she going to be known. 

 I scrunch up the paper, stopping myself from punching the window. "FUCK!" 

Why are they targeting Dee only? 

----------------------------------------------------

I drive to Jay's house since I'm staying over there for the night.

The house was dark, which meant everyone was asleep. I walk into the small guestroom upstairs and could hear Freddie snoring in the room next to me.  

I notice the bed was neatly set out as I switch the room lights off. I'll finally be able to get some sleep. I lay down and stare at the window like it's my own escape from the real world, slowly allowing darkness to take over me.

I was a pretty light sleeper throughout my childhood due to the fact we always had to be alert. My father made a lot of enemies in his time, and my mother and siblings were always the targets. This meant we always had to be on the move. My mother told me that I would grow to of being a light sleeper, but it never happened. 

I shoot up as I heard a distinct crash from outside the room. My head turned to the alarm clock on the nightstand. It was only 2 in the morning, which means I had shut my eyes for a good 2 hours. 

There was another quieter crash, making me get onto my feet. The natural night light shone through the window, making it clear enough to see where I was going. 

I move the curtains a little more to look out the window and my eyes land directly at the window next door. 

The room was a mess. Clothes and everywhere and broken glass on the ground.  

I frown as I watch more things being trashed around the room. 

My mind goes back to 2 hours ago when I was holding the mysterious note in my hand at the parking lot. 

My eyes widen. Someone was in the girl's house. 

Before I could panic and walk over to wake up one of the guys, I see a small figure lay on the disordered floor. 

It was Dee. 

I squint my eyes, watching her as her lips moved like she was talking to someone. Her eyes were puffy, red as she squirmed in her own embrace. Her hair was in a messy bun which was eventually coming undone by her actions. The mascara stains running down her face made it obvious she was crying. 

I frown down at her. Was she upset because of what I did to her yesterday? 

I stand still next to the window, watching her every movement. She was continuous mumbling things to herself, only worrying me more.