CHAPTER 22

Jay's P.O.V

As the night got closer, our hearts broke further. It's been 7 hours. 7 hours and the girls are all still missing. Freddie is sitting down in the kitchen, typing away on his laptop. Kaz is sitting in the living room, messily going through history paperwork, trying to figure out what our relation to The Devil was. 

I look over the backyard garden which was now hidden from me because it was past midnight. The crickets chirping was getting louder every hour, only giving me a bigger headache. 

I look back at my phone and reread the threatening message we all got from Rayn a few hours ago. 

We got who we want. Leave us alone and we'll leave you's. 

~ R 

Freddie opens the sliding door, standing in between the inside and outside of the house. "Guys, I think it's best to go to sleep. We'll continue tomorrow." He rubs his eyes in all tiredness, probably gaining a strain from staring at a laptop for over 7 hours. 

"No! We won't sleep until we find the girls!" Kaz also finally takes his eyes off the screen after being glued on it for 7 hours straight. 

I walk over to him from outside, backing Freddie close the sliding door and lock it. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Come on dude. We need sleep or else we'll lose our shit on nothing" 

"How can you guys sleep, knowing your girlfriend could be hurt right now?" Kaz places his face in his hands, worrying about Dee's whereabouts. 

"How about we just sleep here tonight?" Freddie says, now making his way to the stairs. 

I nod in agreement and Kaz sighs in defeat, obviously also needing some hours of rest. "Fine, fine,"  

"Right then, night," Freddie says walking into Janyce's room. 

Kaz walks into Dee's room without a word, making me sigh and enter Anthea's room.

This was so important to us that we've stepped down from being in charge of the gang for a good few days. No business meetings. No check-ups. No exchanging. 

I collapse on Anthea's bed and her scent instantly fulls my nose. I smile slightly, remembering the first time I saw her. The girls were moving in and she was the first one there, moving boxes into the house. Her hair was in a ponytail and her hazel eyes lit up with excitement, as she first walked into the empty house. I remember going up too her ask whether she needed help or not. Her cheeks were tinted pink and instantly knew she fancied me.  

I'm lucky enough to say I was attracted to her from the first day I saw her. 

The sound of glass breaking echoed through the house, interrupting by my thoughts. I shoot of Anthea's neatly done bed, ready to fight whoever was still here. Someone from the fucking gang decided to pay another visit. 

The only way we could find the girls is if we capture someone from the gang and torture them into telling us. This is our only chance. 

I thunder down the stairs, with the boys also following down with me. The clicking of guns filled our surrounding as we make it down and look around the dark house. Things got quiet in a few seconds. 

We heard footsteps walking away from us, towards the living room only reminding me of one thought in the back of my mind.

"I'm going to kill this son of a bitch." 

-----------------------------------------------------

Anthea's P.O.V