Califorina

"I don't want you to leave," I watched as Rafael sorted out his suits for his trip. He leaves two days from now.

"I know, but I won't be too long. I'll be gone for two weeks, for sure. I'm not going to stay past their graduation." He came over to me.

"Okay. If you say so," I sighed. He pulled me off the bed and stood me up right.

"I didn't want to be away from my wife that long," he kissed me.

"Good, I don't want you to be away that long either," I held him close.

"Are you going to come and watch me give that speech?" He bit his lip.

"Well if you had told me earlier, yes of course I would've been there in a heart beat. I will try to be there but I don't know if I can get the time off." I hates saying that.

"I hope you can. If you can't, don't worry. You can stream it online." He kissed my head.

"Sounds good. It means I can watch it for the rest of my life," I chuckled.

"What do you day we go get some lunch?" He squeezed my hands.

"I would like that very much. Let me just change out of my pjs. Hey are you going to be gone for our wedding anniversary?" I asked.

"I shouldn't be. What day does it land on?" He pulled out his phone.

"A Monday."

"I'll be here. Don't worry, we'll celebrate," he winked.

"Good, because if you didn't I would just have to do it myself," I got ready for lunch.

"I wouldn't mind seeing that happen," he was watching me change.

We got going to lunch, and it just dawned on me how much I will really miss him.

I don't want him to leave. I want him to be with me all the time. I know it's stupid, but I want him to be with me. I love him and I just like his company.

"What are you thinking about getting?" He asked.

"I might get a salad because it kind of has everything I want, but I also want fries."

"So get a salad and a plate of fries. I might steal some of them." He grabbed my hand.

"Sounds like a plan Babe," I put my menu down.

"You're the best kind of woman. I love how you do what you want."

"I'm going to miss your cooking when you're in California." I looked down.

"I'll come home to you every night to cook to you," he winked.

All of a sudden I was over come with everything. I wanted to cry.

"That sounds really nice." I nodded.

"Are you okay?" He moved closer to me.

"No, it just hit me that you're leaving and I want to cry, like really bad," I drank my water.

"I don't have to go."

"No, you go. You go and do that. You deserve to go and do this. I had my time and you get yours too. I think I'm just getting my period, I'm just being weird." I continued sipping my water.

"You sure? I don't mind staying home."

"Yes I'm sure. I just get really emotional this time of the month, you know that. I love you. I want you to do well. Go do this. I will try my hardest to come visit. Besides it's not going to be a month." I smiled.