Square One

I was in my office on Wednesday afternoon, after court. I just lost a big case, and I am going to go over detail. I am going to figure out where I went wrong. I don't lose like that, but I did, and I feel awful.

        I am taking tomorrow off, because I need to be better. I need to be perfect and I cannot fuck it up like this again.

       Rafael is coming to get me, because we are going out for dinner. We decided we had to make a date night at least once a week.  I like that.

       I heard a knock on my door. It make me think of when Marie came in here. I still never found my panties. I wanted to know where they went. I really like them.

"Come in!" I called out.

"Hi Cola," it was Rafael.

"Hi, how are you?"I smiled.

"Good, how are you?" He kissed me. I pulled him close and rested against him.

"Not to great. I really fucked up today, it was bad. I just want to cry," I couldn't breathe.

"I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think Tesoro." He rubbed my back.

"No, it was bad." I sighed.

"Well, let's go out to dinner, and forget about it for now. I hate seeing you so upset."

"This is how you are when you lose. We are one in the same." I packed up my stuff. He helped me.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Can we get burgers again? I really want burgers, all of a sudden." I put on my jacket. He zipped it up.

"Are you- um- pregnant?" He hesitated to ask that. I rolled my eyes.

"No I'm not. I'm on my period, it doesn't work like that," I sighed.

"Well I mean it could be just be light spotting," he did have a point.

"First off how do you know that? Second off, do you want me pregnant?" I shut off the lights to my office.

"You know the answer to that," he cleared his throat.

"I do. Maybe after we are married, or maybe we wait a year or two. I mean- I just- just not now. I'm not ready," I grabbed his hand.

"Okay Bonita," he kissed my head.

We got in his car, and got going. He picked a place and I didn't care. I usually like what he picks.

"So I was thinking, since we are trying and everything again, that everyday for a month, we tell each other, something about ourselves that the other doesn't know," he suggested.

"I like that. Let's do that," I rubbed his thigh.

"Do you want to do it now? Or do you want to do it after dinner?" He bit his lip.

"Let's do it after," I kissed his cheek.

"Okay," he nodded.

"I love you," I reminded him.

"I love you too. My mother would like to have dinner with us Friday, is that alright?" His face was stone cold.

"I have no problem with that. If it is going to make you upset, don't invite her. I don't want you to be upset. It makes my heart hurt," I got my stuff ready.