Trigger

Rafael's POV

        Nicole has been home for almost two weeks and I'm happy about that. The trial date has been set and I am not representing her. She and I decided it would be a terrible idea.

      The thing about Nicole being home is, she is okay. She's not distressed or suffering. Not that I want her to be, but I don't think that's real. I know she's good at hiding her feelings, so my question is, is this an act, or is she truly okay.

      I know I shouldn't, but I went to Liv to ask for help, because let's face it, she's an expert at this.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. It's early and Nicole shouldn't be up yet. I don't like leaving her alone for too long.

"Come in!" Oliva called out.

I walked into her office. I could clearly see the shock on her face.

"What can I help you with Barba?" She took off her glasses.

"I came to ask a few questions if you have the time?" I shut the door.

"Of course. What's up?"

"So I have questions about victims right after their attack. Because Nicole is acting like she's fine, but I know she's good at hiding pain. Is she really okay, or is she putting on an act."

"I think you're waiting for another shoe to drop. I mean she could be fine, or something can trigger her and she'll snap. But there is a possibility she won't. Her acting like it's fine, is another coping mechanism. Give her some time, and she should be okay. I know she has a good therapist lined up for her. You should suggest it."

"Will she get better?" I bit my lip.

"I can't answer that and you know that," she shook her head.

"I know," I got up. "Thank you," I walked out.

"Barba!" Carisi called out.

"Not now," I hit the button for the elevator.

"I got my results for the BAR. I passed." He smiled.

"Congratulations." I nodded.

"I was wondering, if you wanted to go out for drinks, to celebrate?" He made me think of when Nicole passed the test and we went out for drinks... our romantic relationship began then. I smiled a bit. "I'm sorry but right now isn't a good time," I got in the elevator.

"Another time!" He called out.

"Sure," I muttered. All I wanted to do was go home and make sure Nicole is okay.

Nicole's POV

I woke up sweating. I hate these nightmares. I can't even wake up until it's over. It's early and Rafael isn't in bed. I got up to see if he left a note and he didn't.

I ate a little something before I started baking. I started baking cupcakes when Rafael walked in.

"You're up?" He sounded surprised.

"Yeah I am. Don't forget our realtor is supposed to call today to see if we got the place." I reminded him. Last week we went looking for places and we were so lucky to find a place that we both loved.