Pictures

Rafael's POV

         Nicole is standing in the kitchen, making cupcakes. She is standing there with a beautiful round belly. She is carrying a baby girl.

         I can't wait for her to arrive. She's coming in a week. The nursery is ready, and we love shopping for her. We can't decide on a name, but why would be able to do that.

        I walked over to her smiling. She turned around and put my hands on her stomach. I could feel the baby kicking, nothing brought me more joy then the thought of being a father.

        "Thank you for giving me a chance to be the father, I never had." I kissed her.

       I opened my eyes. Nicole isn't pregnant, she isn't having a girl, and I'm here, wishing we both had better fathers. God why do I keep having this dream of something that will never happen?

        I know we won't have kids. I know she's smart and won't get pregnant. I wonder if she does get pregnant, will she tell me, or she will just do what she wants.

        I'm fine with not having kids. I didn't want them before, so now I'm getting my wish. I just wish it was for a better reason.

        I turned over and she was snoring softly. I gently stroked her cheek. She flinched away. I called her princess and she freaked out the other day. I shouldn't have done it, but it slipped out.

       I slip sometimes, and it catches her off guard. We both end up saying sorry, which we shouldn't have to do. I wish my father would come through the door to apologize so we don't have to.

       I got up and got the laundry started. I  fed the cat, before taking what I needed to, to the dry cleaners. She forgot to take them yesterday. Her boss has really been riding her about the cases she's taking. She really packed on the cases to Nicole. I don't want it to crush her, but I think it is.

        I got home in time to make breakfast. I don't know if Nicole has talked to Marie, but I hope she hasn't. I don't really want her to be friends with her. I hate that I thinks she's still in love with Marie. I trust her but a small part of me says not to. I'm trying to work on it, because I almost lost her to jealousy.

         I keep going over that fight in my head. How the hell could we have been so fucking cruel to each other, that we started using our fathers as insults. God that was just awful on both of our parts.

        All of a sudden a pair of delicate arms were wrapped around my waist, and I felt uncomfortable with it.

        "Good morning to the best husband in the world," Nicole kissed my neck.

         "Well good morning to my wonderful wife. May I ask why I'm the best husband in the world?" I turned to her smirking. She blushed from head to toe. God that was so sexy on her.

         "Because you are. Because you are making food that will give me diabetes, and do it with a smile on your face. That and you might've given me the best dream sex I've ever had, and now I'm super horny. So there is that."

         "Oh and may I know what this dream was about? What exactly was I doing?" I bit my lip. I know she's my wife, but why am I so horny around her all the time?

"I don't know if I want to tell you," she wouldn't look at me.

"Can I ask something?" I wrapped my arms around her. She leaned into me. I like hearing that I'm the best sex dream she's had. I hate how possessive I am. It reminds me of my father.