Unexpected

Rafael's POV

         I was driving home when something popped out in front of my car. Instead of hitting the breaks I sped up. I hit the thing and then breaked.

        I got out of the car and tried running to the person that I hit. My legs were like lead as I ran. Each step was harder and harder. I finally got there. The person that I hit was Nicole.

       I screamed out for help but it was muffled. I know she can be saved as long as she gets help but no one is listening to me. I started running again holding her in my arms. I kept dropping her and by the time I got to the hospital it was closed. How is a hospital closed?

      I tried breaking the doors open. They wouldn't budge. I screamed but I looked down and Nicole was dead. She was dead.

        I started screaming but no one came.

       I snapped up in bed. Jesus I hate that dream more than anything. I know she's okay. She's fine, she's sleeping at home. I checked the time it was five.

       I got dressed for a jog and went for a half hour. I came home and made myself breakfast.

Nicole's POV

          I came back from court to just take a minute to myself. I had two cases that went south and were mistrials and one that went my way.

         I shut my eyes when my phone rang.

       "Ms.Jones there's a woman here to see you," the lady, Teddy who worked at the front desk, spoke.

      "Who is it?"

       "She says she's a friend from high school."

      "Send her in," I knew it was Mel. I forgot we had lunch plans.

        "Hey where do you want to go?" Mel came in.

        "Can we order in? Please? I'm so tired," I begged.

       "Fine but I'll come back tomorrow and we will go out to lunch," she flopped down. "How's the big shot boyfriend?"

      "He's good. I may or may not see him tonight," I chuckled.

       "You should. You're in a better mood when you have sex," she laughed.

      "So are you but you don't see me complaining." I rolled my eyes.

      "Is he treating you well?" She gave me that look.

       "Stop. He is a good guy. His dad was awful to him and he doesn't know how to handle emotions. He is getting better he does feel awful." I gave her a look back.

       "Okay fine you're right," she nodded.

Rafael's POV

       It was late and I was in Liv's office. She's taking Dodd's loss hard.

       "Liv you know it wasn't your fault." I sat across from her.

       "It was. I should've checked the guy. We all know people hide guns. I should've known."

      "It could've happened to anyone."

       "He was supposed to get married. He's supposed to have a life and he's dead."

       "I know," I nodded. She came over to me and leaned on me to cry. I patted her back awkwardly. I don't really like contact with many people. I pretty much only like touching Nicole.