Poems

Monday, today, the custody battle for the baby of Avery Jordan started. I was nervous, but I'm getting through it. I'm stronger than Raf thought.

Rafael's POV

I'm waiting. I'm waiting for the trigger, so Colie goes back to her frozen state. Not that I want her to, but she will. She couldn't handle the fact that she was impregnated by her rapist.

I was at home unpacking. I still haven't finished. I heard the door open. I went to see who it was.

        "Hey," Nicole nodded.

        "Hola Tesoro. Where were you?" I pulled her in for a kiss.

        "Mixed martial arts class. I'm just learning the  moves next week I start sparing with people. I'm excited for that." She smiled.

         "How long have you been in this class?"

         "Since I told you about it. I usually go after work. Half the time you're not home when I get home. You're usually still at work."

          "I just don't know if this is a good idea."

        "My therapist thinks it'll be good for me." She couldn't meet my gaze. I hope she doesn't hurt herself. I couldn't live with my self if she died.

        "Oh, okay. How's that going?" I treaded carefully.

      "Good. Better than before but it's still taking time," she nodded.

        "Good. Is there anything I can do to help?" I wanted to help her. I just have no idea what I can do. I always feel like I'm saying and doing the wrong things.

        "No, I mean you are already doing everything you need to be. There's nothing more I can ask from you. You are the best I could ask for in this situation," she pulled me close.

        Then why can't you look at me while I make love to you? I pulled together a smile and kissed her head.

       "Do you want me to start dinner while you shower?" I pulled away from her.

        "That would actually be lovely. I'm starving," she disappeared into our room.

        We need to talk about this. We need to talk about what's wrong with us and how we can fix it.  But what if nothing is wrong and I'm just kicking up dust? What if she's fine and I'm creating these imaginary problems in my head?

       I started dinner while she took a longer than usual shower. I'm trying to be okay with this all, but I can't be.

      "Have you finished unpacking yet?" She came out of our room in my shirt. It make me smile a little.

      "No I haven't. I was working on it when you came in. We just have a lot of crap in our office. It really bugs me." I pulled her close.

       "Hey it's going to be okay as long as you throw away all of your stuff," she giggled.

       "Yeah I'll just toss out all of your boxes. It'll make my life much easier," I rolled my eyes.

       "You wouldn't dare." She laughed.

         "I would. You and I both know that," I couldn't help but smile. "You know I think you only told me I could have this party, so you wouldn't have to unpack anything."

"Or I was going to and then you wanted to throw a house party, so I said you could do it. Anyway, I have Thursday off, do you?" She tied her hair back.