Best Friends

"What's wrong Cole?" Rafael asked when I came downstairs.

        "I was just trying to find tickets to Colorado to see Talia, and they are fucking expensive for like a weekend trip," I sat next to him.

"Is it round trip, or is it just a one way ticket?" He put his arm around me.

"One way. Its like four hundred dollars. I know I'm doing it last minute. I know it's going to be expensive, but maybe it's just the airline. Im going to see the others." I leaned against him.

"You didn't tell me you wanted to go to Colorado this weekend," he mumbled.

"I didn't? I could've sworn I told you," I gave him a look. He shook his head. "I'm sorry I truly thought I did. It might not happen though."

"I'm sorry. If you want we can take out from our savings."

"Rafael we don't need to do that. It's not that serious. Like I have the money. As much as I would love to see her, I just don't think it's worth it. Especially with the holidays coming up and buying presents. It's just hard having a long distance friendship," I closed my computer.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could make things different," he kissed me. I put my laptop down.

"You kissing me seems to help, but if you really wanted to you can go get me stuff so I can make a cake." I smiled. He chuckles softly before pressing his lips to mine again.

"Are you truly that upset by this? I hate that you are," he squeezed my hand.

"Yes I am upset. But not like spiraling depression upset. More like I just really am craving a cake. I really want something sweet." I sighed.

"Have you ever thought about not giving into your sugar cravings?"

"Have you ever thought about not giving into your caffeine cravings?" I snapped. He was taken back. "Don't give me a look, you were kind of being an ass."

"Yeah, okay, I was. I'm sorry." He rubbed my leg.

"Yeah you should be." I smiled. He couldn't help but grin.

"Okay so do you want to go on a walk first maybe go to the dog shelter pet a few dogs. Then we can come home and bake. After that-"

"Stop talk for a minute because you're adorable when you try to make plans for us. I love it. I love you but after I would like to make a trip over to Mel and Derek's place. They got a puppy. It's a cute chocolate lab. So I would like to visit them," I giggled.

"I like the sound of that... so are we stealing the dog right when get there, or before we leave?" He raises an eyebrow.

"After, because they won't be suspecting it. I'll even make dog treats for her. Oh god Rafael she's so cute," I laid my head on his chest. He held me tightly.

"Show me. I haven't seen any pictures," he kissed my head.

I got ready and we went for a walk. It was a sunny day, but a bit chilly outside. I like it. Rafael couldn't stop smiling which made me look like a grinning fool.

"You make me want to punch you in the face for being so happy when you're with me," I laughed.

"Oh so I'm not allowed to be happy with my wife now? Huh, I didn't think this argument would ever happen." He rolled his eyes.