Before I could thank her, a sheer ring echoed across the flat.

"Will call you later, bye..."

Letting the helper inside the home after checking her ID like Arnav said, I shifted my eyes when I felt someone eyes bore my frame.

There in the opposite flat stood a lady at doorstep looking as same age as me. I felt uncomfortable when she kept blinking her eyes and trying to smile at me. I throws a smile for courtesy and she reciprocated without hesitancy. Not want to extend the courtesy I closed the door.

Ding...

Mobile beeped indicating a message which I am sure it must be from meera.

Eagerness start to eat my conscious as the helper keeps asking things now and then about breakfast, likes and dislikes of taste without sparing me to peek at my mobile. How can I answer her when I myself don't know about his likes?? There was more to work on...

Ordering what to do I sprinted away from there taking my mobile.

Quickly saving his number, I opened the chat.

"Thank you for the coffee..." Giving a thought I pressed the send button.

Will he see my message?

Will he reply it?

He's in offline. Argh... When will he saw the message?

Biting my lips, I wondered why I am feeling anxious just for the mere message.

Hah...this is not me.. Pushing the tendrils back, I breathed out.

Sipping the remaining coffee, I thought to give a call to my maa to distract myself from that message. All go in vain when a blink along with sound indicating a message.

Opening it hurriedly I got delighted when it's from Arnav.

"I thought you accepted me as your husband"

What does this message mean? I was supposed to get some other words than this question or statement or whatever.

"So?.." Replied I, tapping my foot on the floor.

"No need for these formalities between husband and wife, I believe" I recited and found myself reflecting my thoughts in next message.

"Often these small gestures reduces the distance between the couple and it erases invisible wall of irritation or worry if anyone had, I believe"

Flipping over the newspaper when his reply took time to arrive, my eyes caught an advertisement for valentines day party in an open restaurant.

Valentine day is nearing, when my eyes notice the date at the top it gave me a strange feeling as only two days left for the day.

Will this year bring something unusual? From past years, this day was nothing but a reminder to Siddharth who proposed me on that day!

At once, I felt to cocoon myself in a corner hiding from the world where all are celebrating valentine's day.

Ding...

Losing all the interest by the mere remainder of past I opened the message lazily.

"Are you trying to impress me with these talks Mrs. Raizada?"

What the!

"You're already impressed Mr. Raizada" I smiled at my own message. Yes, he likes me... Love me... It was not a rocket science to decipher that love shining eyes, caring behaviour, supporting nature...

I was distracted when another message fell on my bucket.

"That I am, I never know this side of my wifey.."

Earlier his words looks cheesy to me, what happened that I am loving the same names! I can feel a possessiveness behind his wifey gesture.

"You'll find more of your wifey, only if you try hard to impress her" I hit the send button with naughty glint. Somewhat I am loving this little chat I am having with my husband for the very first time without quarrelling.

Not a second passed my eyes bulged out realising my slip, damn Did I typed wifey? His choice of words are rubbing on me too. Quickly I selected to delete it and chided myself when he replied that means..he read that too.

"So, you are not impressed now?" Came an instant reply and I was relieved he didn't ask about any. Thanking almighty, I replied.

"That was the meaning of my previous message, I guess"

When was the last time I chatted with someone and waited for their reply so eagerly, I don't know.

It seems as if life was dragging me back to the old Gupta in just one day. How is it possible? Is it so easy to forget Siddharth which was the breathing element in past years was now barely there? Uffff...

Life is a riddle, unless you couldn't fine the correct path you'll always crawl inbetween without any growth!!! Somewhere I heard it. Maybe I should find the path or Am I travelling in that path?

Lowering my lids I read the latest message popped on my screen.

"Then be ready to get impressed Mrs. Wifey...!!!

P.s: Glad you finally saved my phone number. Btw, I love to know the name which you used to save my number. I wish it was not Arnav;)"

Shit, he knows I hadn't saved his number. What is he going to do?

"I am waiting" Swiftly sending it I leaned on that chair to relish the view presented over my eyes.

"You didn't replied about my last question"

Scrolling up I realised he's asking about the name.

"Sorry to disappoint you, it was Arnav :(" I answered with a pout.

"I am waiting for the day when it'll be something else.."

Even I am anticipating... I typed but didn't send it.

_____

How was the update guys? Hope it was ok. It was all new to me to write on this genre. So please feel free to point out if by any chance the story is not going on the right path.

Started new alphabet drabble series named "Drabbles" Check it out dears.

Press the 🌟 and comment if you like this update ❤️

Thank you so much for all who pressed the star and commented on previous chapter!