"All the time" I smiled.

There was a knock on my bedroom door. My mom smiled knowingly. "It's Grant." She whispered smiling.

"You called him!" I screeched horrified. I hadn't taken care of myself today no shower, no hair comb, no nothing! I didn't even brush my teeth!

I know this is nasty, but in my defense it was only noon, and I was sleeping!

She laughed "Yeah I did. I thought he could keep your mind off things. Don't worry I told him everything."

I frowned at her and explained my dilemma. Her intentions were good, but soo bad.

"Hey it's not my fault you let the good hygiene I taught you fly out the window."

Another knock. Oh No!

My mom got up and opened the door. Grant was standing there with a concerned look on his face. I feel my face start to heat up.

"Grant!" My mother greeted wrapping her arms around him. He smiles and returns the hug. "Hey Mrs. M."

I on the other hand run out the room and into the bathroom. "What's up with her?" I hear Grant ask.

If nothing else killed me, my mother's reply did. "She has to make a bowel movement, poor thing, her little stomach hurts."

I hear Grant's obnoxious laughter, and I face palm myself. Why mother? Why?

Brushing my teeth, washing my face, and combing the tangles out my hair, I give myself a once over in the mirror. Not good enough. I thought.

Don't let him be too disgusted with my appearance LORD, I pray as I walk out the bathroom.

My mom is telling Grant about her job, and he is asking informed questions, which she loved.

My mom notices me in the doorway, and begins to stand. "I'll leave you two alone, if you need me I'll be downstairs with the police."

She scurries out the room and closes the door, leaving Grant and I standing there awkwardly.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." He says and begins to smirk. "How's your stomach?"

"Fine. Thanks for your concern." I reply sarcastically. He starts to laugh. I roll my eyes, but decide not to tell him, I was really doing things I should have done hours ago. Somehow I have a feeling he already knows.

He looks around my room, and his face turns to concern.

I know he is thinking about the break-in, and I don't want him to, because I'm fine.

"I'm fine, really." I say.

"Are you really?"

Grant searched my face to see if I was lying, I wasn't.

He crosses the room too where I am. My heart starts to beat quickly.

Moments later, Grant pulls me into a big bear hug, and I'm completely smothered in his chest.

He's soft though, like one of my sister Lexi's several pillow pets. Yes, 14 year old Lexi.

He must really be worried about me. When was the last time we hugged like this? And held it for so long? Never.

"Christen, I don't know what..." He begins.

"Shhhhh" I interrupt him, refusing to let the moment be ruined. "You don't have to say anything, just hold me." I know the words sounded mushy gushy, but behind them was the strong desire to simply be with him.