Finally it was lunch! I nearly ran to the lunch room I was starving. Unfortunately my pancake sandwhich thing fell on the ground outside my house. I stand in line to buy my lunch.

There was a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see my friend Grace. "Hi Grace! What's up?"

"Nothing much Christen, how about you?"

"Nothing really" I replied cheerfully. I could tell she wanted to still talk, but had nothing to say. So I decided to help her out a little bit.

"You'll never believe what the little brats did last night and this morning" I go into my whole spiel about my siblings shenanigans.

Grace was laughing her head off. I had to admit it was kinda of funny when you look at it from the outside, but not when it happens to you.

"Your family cracks me up." She says.

I laugh. "I'm glad you think so, because they drive me crazy."

We buy are lunch, and walk towards our table.

Sitting there is Cory, Mandy, Grant, Tim, Justin, Marcus, and Courtney. Yep this is my squad. I take a minute to appreciate the coolness of the term.

They all say hello to me and Grace, and return to their individual conversations.

I was particularly amused with the conversation Mandy and Grant were having about the Big Bang Theory.

"Sheldon has more swag then Leonard." Mandy defends.

"Yeah if you find being socially inept and rude, swag." Grant shoots back.

I shake my head and laugh. What type of conversation is this?

"Hey Cory" I poke him to try and get his attention.

"Whaaa?" He answers half heartedly. I could tell his attention was elsewhere. I follow his gaze to see a pretty girl standing in the corner looking lost.

"Awww Cory Rory has a crush." I mocked.

"Yeah maybe I do, she's new and she's cute."

"Well invite her to sit with us moron." I prod

"Ok." He says, but I realize he hasn't moved.

"Do you want me to do it?" I offer.

"Yes please, I'll love you forever." He begs.

"Hey! You already love me forever, because I made you that protein shake last week."

"Nahh girl, I took that back after it gave me the runs" For some reason this hurt a little, I thought I did a really good job.

Frowning slightly I made my way over to the girl. "Hi my name is Christen, my friend thinks your cute, he's the one over there with the blue shirt." I made a face, my approach was so awkward. "Do you want to sit with us?" I ask.

She gave me a very mean glare, and just walked away.

Okay. What was that about? Isn't she new, how does she already hate me? I did not have a good feeling about this. I heard a voice in my head say 'Ask GOD to protect you' I followed its command and walked back to my table.

"Soooo? How'd it go" Cory asks in anticipation.

I hated to crush his spirits. "Sorry Cor, but when I asked her to come sit with us she just walked away." I didn't mention the look she gave.

"Ohhh.." he trails off trying to look unaffected.

"Hey, we'll find you a girl"

"Really?"

"Really." I promised.

"Well I need one in time for that." he points at the poster on the far wall of the cafeteria.

I shove my turkey wrap in my mouth while reading the sign he was pointing too. The sign read: JUNIOR MASQUERADE BALL APRIL 1,.

Hmmm I love school dances. I wonder if Grant saw this, and if he'll ask me to go!

I decided to hint at what I want. "Hey Grant." I tap him on the shoulder. "Yes Christen?"

"You see that wall over there?" "Yes Christen." "Do you think it's pretty?" I inquire. Immature I know, but hopefully he'll get the message.

His usually smug face turns serious and he looks me deep in my eyes. "Not as pretty as you." I am positive my face is bright red at this point. I am flustered and just downright embarrassed. Does he really think I'm pretty? I know he says it, but does he mean it?

My inner panic is interrupted by Grant snickering and Mandy going "Awww Christen".

They anger me. "What's the problem?" I demand embarrassment clear in my tone. "Other than the fact you look like an angry strawberry, nothing at all." Grant says. Mandy laughs. I frown at them and try to remember what I was going to do. Darn it! Stupid Grant and his compliments!

"Where was I before your little comment?" I snap at Grant.

"The wall and its beauty." He smirked.

"Oh yeah! Soooo the wall is just marvelous isn't it? It is spotless except for one thing, do you by any chance know what that thing is?" I lead on.

He laughed and turned to face me. "Well I was going to ask you on our date Friday night, but I suppose now works too" Oh yeah we did have a date Friday night! We are going to the aquarium and then a restaurant. I'm actually really excited. We always have the best dates, after four months they still are great!

"Christen will you be my date to the masquerade ball?"

"No" I said simply and rose to throw my trash away.

"Excuse me?" Grant said offended.

"You heard me. I said no."

Grant looked amused with a hint of pissed off. "So you try to manipulate me into asking you to the dance, ruin all my plans to ask you on Friday, and then you say no?"

"Yep, I'm playing hard to get" this will teach him to tease me.

"What? You're my girlfriend, I've already got you!" I blush, but quickly recover.

"Then why am I not going to the dance with you?" I say. Okay now he was mad and a little red.

"Awww Grant you look like an angry strawberry" I say using his line from earlier.

Mandy, Cory, Tim, and Courtney start to laugh, everyone else has already left.

I decide to put Grant out of his misery. "I'm just kidding. Of course I'll go to the dance with you sweet cheeks." I say as I pinch his cheeks. I tease him that he has fat cheeks but in reality he doesn't. His face is not skinny, but on the slender side with a strong jaw line. I don't usually brag, but he is quite the looker.

"Don't call me that" he grimaces.

I laugh, and throw my trash away.

"Come on Christen we will be late for fifth period." Courtney yells I quickly walk over to her, and we make our way out the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~

I HOPE YOU LIKED THE SECOND CHAPTER OF "WITH EVERY STEP WE TAKE" THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR READING! I LOVEE YOU ALL!! GOD BLESS!! :)

P.S. DONT YOU JUST LOVE GRANT AND CHRISTEN?!!