Ch. 31// Taken

- Good friends are like stars.
You don't have to always see them, but you know they are always there. -

~~|||~~

Amy:

"Bulkhead, be on your guard."

Amy watched how the former-wrecker ran through the now opened bridge, holding her head as she was leaning the railing near her. It had been only few hours since they came back from the Decepticon-warship trip, and Optimus already had sent Bumblebee and Arcee to New York accompanied with Miko and Jack... cause although Amy's try to go with Optimus in any means nececarry kept her firmly back at base. And he already sent Bulkhead out also.

It was going to make her crazy.

Why.. do I have to be so unlucky!?

"Raphael, lock on to the remaining coordinates." Optimus commanded then, looking towards the platform where Amy and Raphael remained. "I will embark for the antarctic." Amy narrowed her brows, as Raphael got to tap, but Optimus turned to Amy. "I will recommend you to remain here."

"But--!"

"For your last encounter with Megatron, it would be far too risky to let you accompany me." Optimus interrupted her, Amy's mood turning to disappointed and angry side. ".. You should already know how dangerous it is." The Prime added sadly, Amy watching as he stumbled away with sorrowful look.

And he just dared to remind me?

Amy sighed, glancing down at her stomach where the bump already showed quite much. It may had been best for the babies, but to let Optimus go all alone?

.. Well. On the bright side, he doesn't have to worry about me.

"As for you, old friend, I would prefer that you have company on your mission." Amy heard Optimus talk to Ratchet then, the girl scoffing as she made her way down the stairs.

"No one is left to join me, Optimus." Ratchet glanced around. "Even if Agent Fowler were alert.." The two of them glanced towards Agent Fowler as Amy jumped down and noticed this, the girl also looking back at him.

"Hmm.. who's.. your hokey-boeky..?" Fowler mumbled, he had been like that the entire time as they had returned back at base. Since he got electricity.

"He's human." Ratchet added.

"Offended!" Amy yelled, now picking up a fight if he even conciders to reply his statement.

".. I was concidering the only remaining Autobot alternative on this planet." Optimus added after exhanging small look with Amy, the girl immediately knowing who they were talking about.

Jackie!

"But-- you can't be serious." Ratchet gasped. "Wheeljack is insubordinate, a ruffian!" Ratchet defended then, Amy almost taking a metal pipe and throwing it at him. Instead, she groaned and approached him dangerously. But what Amy got, was Optimus' ped step on her way, glancing down in reassuring manner. "Besides, he's Bulkhead's partner."

"Partner or not, he's capable of saving your ass up." Amy spit, her arms firmly crossed. Ratchet made small hint of glare down at her, until Optimus spoke up.

"Your expertise is scientific, but Wheeljack is a highly capable warrior." Optimus agreed with Amy, the girl giving small grin at this. "You would be wise to welcome the temporary alliance."

Cruel.

Ratchet rubbed his optics, Amy giving giggles at this. Until the bridge was open up now, Amy watching up at Optimus to wait for his leave. Instead, he kneeled down beside Amy. The girl remaining still unmoved as she watched his expression.