Ch. 24// The Call

-One phone call, that's all it took!-

~~|||~~

Amy:

"Remember this, Amy. What was it?"

The girl stuttered under her breath, groaning by her Father's demanding to know what was metal's atomy. Exams were approaching and she didn't know them. At, all.

"Aw, I don't know!" Amy yelled, crossing her arms in defense. "I give up..."

"You shouldn't never say that, sweetheart." Her Father gave her a sigh, until he scooped her up from the ground, wrapping his arm around her waist so she wouldn't fall. By helding her close, he showed the picture laying near their table. "Remember my old man?"

"Grandpa...?" Amy replied, sniffing as small tears had swollen her eyes up. Until she wiped them away, noticing how her Dad chuckled by the picture. "What does he have to do with any of this?"

"Well.." He looked down at the picture. "He was the one who never let me give up on anything, especially exams... otherwise I would've been working as a cleaner." Amy giggled by the idea, interested about the story he was sharing with her. "But as on today, I am going to do the same to you."

"What papa?" Amy asked, the man brushed her single tear away as he smiled warmly.

"To teach you, how to not give up."

~~~

"Good morning."

Amy blinked, having just maybe the painest flashback of all time, only to be interrupted. She glanced up at her Guardian, until back down on her rent, and other bills she had to pay. The groan she made in annoy was something unhuman, until her forehead hit the table.

"Orion, not now." Amy gave a sigh, looking around the base to see Jack and Miko once more argue about something, distracting her also. "For Primus' sake.."

"You shouldn't worry about those." Ratchet said by single glance towards Amy's direction, the girl looking up at him and Optimus know. "Agent Fowler said clearly, that you four should concentrate to live your life and let us handle the Decepticons.. it also includes your paymental."

"To kill time." Amy stated, looking down once more at it. "Nothing has lately been there for me to do.. and I'm becoming crazy so I must keep myself occupied." The girl added, writing down something. She did notice Optimus' and Ratchet's shared exhange of looks. "And no, I'm not going back to Alex before that dude calms down... he tried to get information out of me!" She talked of herself, even interrupting Jack's and Miko's argue.

"He did?" Optimus asked with worried tone, which Amy quickly brushed off and made side-glance-smile up at him.

"No.. not like that. He's such a jerk and you don't have to worry." Amy sighed, standing up from her place. "But.. I would be grateful if you'd take me after long time to kaféteria?"

Optimus didn't even think about it as he had scooped Amy up from the platform, transforming into his truck form as he made sure Amy landed on his passenger seat. By forming his holoform up, he left the base. Leaving his team-mates there to continue whatever they had been doing.

.. Well. He's eager.

Amy leaned close of the window, sighing once more.

~ Time skip ~

"Step in." Optimus opened the door for Amy, making the girl blush same as the way he wrapped his arm around her waist. Keeping her close.