Laughter filled the chambers, they all loved Dora even with her stern ways, she was all business as she ordered everyone about for the benefit of the mother and blessed child.

The tiny babe suckled it's mother's nipple hungrily, and Alana could not help but allow all the rivulets of tears to stream down her face. This by far was the happiest day of her life.

"My heart, Ariel is beautiful." Gabriel said.

"Aye, he is." Alana replied.

Evan looked up at Gabriel, "tis time for you to leave now!" His voice dripped hatred, "I can take over from here!"

"Nay!" Alana was quick to interrupt, "Please Gabriel don't go just yet."

"I can only stay for a few more minutes before I leave you."

Alana turned to Evan, "I will need a few minutes alone with Gabriel, please leave the chambers."

Nothing prepared the Fay for this moment, he wanted to throw his spear into the heart of the archangel, he wanted him dead, but his ego didn't allow for him to reveal his thoughts.

Without saying a word, the Fay turned stiffly around and walked out of the chambers, he was followed by everyone else out into the hallway.

Stephan closed the wooden door and turned to face the Fay. "You are a strong warrior to be able to witness what you have today and still remain by your wife's side. I have nothing but respect for you."

"Took everything inside me to hold it together, because she is my wife and I love her." The Fay admitted hoarsely, "but having said this I do want you to know that I will not allow the archangel near my wife ever again!"

"Of course Evan, we don't blame you, you have every right to be feeling this way." Amira, Alana's mother said softly.

"Aye, were it me, I would have ripped his throat." Stephan admitted, "but tis not his fault, this is written in the books of life, Gabriel had no choice."

"Everyone has choices!" Evan said coldly, "and he took advantage of his choices, even now, he takes advantage of the situation."

***********

"I love you Alana, I will always love you." Gabriel voice sounded tortured and broken.

"I know." Alana said simply, her eyes misty with tears.

The archangel leaned over her, "take care of my son and always remember that I am only a hairs breath away should you need me."

"I know."

"Be good to Evan, he's madly in love with you and he is a good man, Alana." The archangel said.

"He hurt me."

"Aye, everyone makes mistakes, including me." Gabriel admitted.

"And me."

"He will love Ariel as his own, and Ariel will know him as his father. Forgive him his sins and love him with all your heart that is all I ask of you." His voice sounded tortured.