Two friends and a wheelchair

"What the French fri Frank, you're going to kill me!" April cried as Frank wheeled her faster than the speed of light away from the little cafe.

Frank ignored her and pushed the wheelchair even faster as he raced down the street. "April we are in deep shit!" He said breathlessly just as shots rang out and blasted the air frightening April to pieces.

"Oh my God, oh my God!" April cried, bracing her hands tightly around the metal arm rests. "Are they shooting at us?"

"I think so, but I'm not sure!" Frank turned the wheelchair around the corner and slipped through the alley.

"Are we going to die?" April screamed, terrorized at the thought of death.

"Quiet April, keep your mouth shut or they will find us, and people like that won't hesitate to murder us!" Frank replied, just before he raised his foot and kicked a garage door open.

"Hey you can't do that!"

"You want to die?"

"No!"

"Then stop complaining and let me get us to safety!"

April clamped her mouth shut and squeezed her eyes tightly when Frank whirled the wheelchair in the corner of the garage and then turned around to lock the door.

"We're going to die!" She cried, and tears rolled down her lovey face.

The garage was dark and dreary but the sun shined through the tiny window on the side of the east wall and although it was still semi dark, it was enough light to make out their surroundings.

"Whisper April, if they hear us talking they will know we are here and they will shoot us!" Frank hissed, running his fingers through his thick mane of hair, Cursing under his breath, Frank pulled away from the window. Scanning the inside of the garage quickly, Frank grabbed the wheelchair and wheeled it behind a blue, old, weather beaten Volkswagen van that was parked in the middle of the one car garage.

"Don't say another word, they are outside!" Frank whispered, "lower your head to your chest and don't breath."

Fear coursed throughout Aprils body as she dropped her chin to her chest. All kinds of thoughts raced through her mind and she started to cry.

Frank wrapped his strong arms around April just as the wooden door crashed open and two sets of feet shuffled in.

"They are not here boss, mayhap they went down the other alley." One of the two goons said.

"Nay, they came down this alley I'm sure of it!"

"We must find her before he does!"

"How do you know he is here?"

"He knows because she is his soulmate and he is deeply in love with her. Soulmates have a connection and can feel each other for miles and miles away." The boss said, ignoring the fear in the pit of his stomach. "We must find her and make her open the secrets of the universe before we kill her!"

April stiffened, were they talking about her? She didn't posses any kind of power, they must be mistaken, she thought, and her spine prickled with fear. They have the wrong girl, and was about to tell them so, but Frank clasped her mouth with his large hand and whispered in her ear.

"Stop, or they will kill you!" He said hoarsely.

April could feel his heart beating wildly against his muscled chest, as he lay over her and froze, finally understanding that they were in a very dangerous situation.

"Did Joe clean up the mess?"

"What mess?"

"The bitches blood!"