A Woman Scorned

The black Arabian stallion galloped away down the path towards it's destination, the messenger held tightly to the letter that was addressed to the priest knowing that should he lose it, the Fay warrior would have his head on a silver platter.

Evan turned away from the window and tried to calm his beating heart. Soon she will be his in body and spirit and he wanted to come to terms with fact that she had already given her heart and body to another, before the ceremony. He wanted to release the pain in his heart and clean it of the hatred that he felt for the archangel, wanting to start their wedding day with peace and love.

Walking over to the table, Evan pulled out the wooden chair and sat down. His shoulders dropped and his head tilted backwards, as he closed his eyes and images of Alana claimed him. Today could easily be one of the worst day in his life. His soon to be wife is in love with another, but he wanted to think positive and make it one of the happiest days of his life.

So overwhelmed with grief he was that he didn't notice that Saundra had walked into the room.

"Evan?" Her soft voice pulled him out of his pain and he opened his eyes and straightened himself to a better position. "Is something bothering you? I woke up and you were not in bed with me"

The Fay was so lost in his thoughts that he had forgotten about Saundra. "We need to talk."

Saundra did not miss the glassy look in his eyes, nor the way his jaw clenched before he spoke. Her heart sank, for she knew him well, he was about to tell her that what they shared the night before has to come to an end. She was no fool, Saundra knew that her luck had run out, unconsciously her hands went to her belly as if she wanted to protect her unborn child.

Raising an eye brow, the Fays eyes dropped to her belly, she couldn't possibly be pregnant could she? He thought, as cold sweat gripped him.

This is it, the beautiful fairy thought sadly, he is going to get rid of me and claim Alana as his bride. "Aye Evan, we do need to talk."

Lifting himself to his full height, the Fay warrior took a deep breath of inhalation before he spoke, "I adore you, you know that, but I regret to say that my heart belongs to Alana"

He braced himself, expecting an all deserved outburst from Saundra, but to his dismay, she stood calm and collective in front of him and showed no signs of anger.

"You will leave me for her?" She asked quietly.

Her eyes were clouded with pain, and Evan felt a need to pull her into his arms and comfort her. "Please don't lose all hope Saundra, you are a beautiful woman and will find a man who is worthy of your love, I'm sure of this."

"You don't want me anymore?" She asked in a broken voice, trying hard not to allow her tears to flow, desperately wanting to save her pride from being trampled on by the inferior Fay whom she loved more than life itself.

"I have always thought of you with endearments. You have given yourself to me even though I have been undeserving of your affections, and you will always hold a special place in my heart, but I cannot see you anymore, tonight I will marry Alana and I don't think it's fair to you to keep you in my hold."

"You would have me thrown out of your castle, out of your life, even though I carry your child?" She threw the powerful words at him and watched as his eyes were hazed with disbelief. "Aye Evan, I carry your child in my womb!"

All kinds of feelings circled around the Fays heart and he was lost for words. She carried his child?

"When did you discover that you are with child?" He questioned, and images of Alana walking out on him plagued his mind.