To Love Thee

William tightened his hold around Valerie's waist, and she lay her head against his shoulders. "Do not allow fear to weaken you Valerie, I will protect you with my last dying breath." He whispered in her ear.

"Of this I have no doubt William, but tis not me I cry for, tis for you!" She told him.

The Prince kissed the top of her head, "You need not waste your tears on me my love, I am not afraid to fight nor am I afraid to die!"

The Druidess wiggled out of his arms and turned around to face him, "Promise me you will stay alive William and you will return to me, promise me now!" She cried with all her heart.

In all honesty, William could not promise her that, not with everything that was going on, "I promise that I will love you forever Valerie, in this life and the next!" 

Rivulets of tears streamed down her beautiful face, she was not stupid, she knew exactly what his words meant. 

Rufus who stood behind his son, heard their exchange of words and cursed under his breath. He swore to himself that he will have his sons back in the battlefield, he was ready to die for him if he had to.

"I know what's  in your heart Rufus, you will protect our son with your last dying breath, however, I do have one request." 

The Druid looked down at his soulmate with loving eyes and asked, "Tell me then what is your wish and I shall give it to you." 

"I know you to be a noble warrior, and one that fights with great strength, but would it be too much of me if I ask you for this once not to be a hero? I don't want you to die Rufus!" The queen's voice choked with pain.

Closing his eyes, Rufus took a deep inhalation of breath, before he opened them again, I can not be less of the man that I am in the battle field, and allow my friends to die around me. I will fight till the end Gordania, tis the only way that I can feel at peace with myself."

***********"

"I will need all the women and children to hold hands and make many circles, one inside the other. Kalan and Sidri will accompany you to Fay land. Abby and Violet will be in charge during your stay there, and....." Feeling deeply overwhelmed with emotion, Michael stopped talking for a few minutes until he was able to continue without alarming anyone. "And...God be with us all."

There was tension in the air as the women said their goodbyes to their men, tear were spilled and sweet nothings were whispered in the air before the circles were made and they all disappeared into thin air.

************

Daniel caught sight of Pracheeta before she disappeared with the others, and her beauty haunted him. She had turned into a swan, and some how he knew that he would bed her when all this was over with. 

"Your eyes are hazed with desire, who are you thinking of?" Stephan teased, already knowing the answer to his question.

"Mind your own business!" Daniel said before he turned on his heel and stalked off.

"Don't let your lustful thoughts cloud your judgement on the battle field or you will regret it!" Stephan called out after him. 

*************

"Can I take these stinking hot rollers off my head, they are poking my scalp and it hurts!" Roula yelled.

"No not yet, we still need at least ten more minutes!" Pauletta told her, "but I promise you it will be worth the wait."

"Bla, bla, bla! If I have to spend another minute with these dorky things on my hair I will puke!"

Pauletta laughed and jumped on the bed. "Tonight I will prove to you that I am not senile, when James comes and whisks me away with him, you will know that I spoke the truth!"