When the Heart Bleeds

The Fay closed and locked the door and leaned his masculine, powerful body against the stone wall. Gliding all the way down to the marble floor, Evan opened his mouth and released his pain.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Everyone standing in the Great Hall looked around at each other confused and surprised that their Laird allowed himself to suffer instead of chasing after his wife.

"You would all do well to leave him alone and not bother him. My son needs time to heal, please go about your daily business and keep your gossiping to a bare minimum less you fall short of the truth!" Lady Mara said, as she gracefully turned around and headed to the baby's room, knowing full well that her son needed time alone to heal his wounded heart.

**************

The Macalisters rode their stallions until they were ready to drop, wanting to reach their land before nightfall.

Alana's tear stained face was a reminder to Stephan to ask no questions until his daughter was ready to talk.

When they reached Sterlingshire, the stallions were handed over to the stable boys and the Macalisters headed straight for the Private library, all except Stephan who had lifted his sleepy daughter into his strong arms and taken her to her chambers.

After covering his daughter with furs to keep her warm. Stephan walked away from her bed and lighted the fire in the hearth to keep the chamber warm, before he headed to meet his family in the Private library.

The room fell silent when the door opened and Stephan walked inside. Everyone had taken their seats around the oval shaped, wooden table and the Savior of the world exhaled a deep sigh of relief before he too sat down in his wooden chair .

Michael was about to break the silence, but at that moment, Violet burst open the door and walked in. All heads turned towards the entrance and watched as Kyra, Yasmin and Nessa, followed close behind their niece.

"Is Alana back?" Violets loud voice held everyone's attention, as she marched to the oval table excitedly.

"Aye," Michael took the liberty to answer. "But she needs her rest so please do not disturb her tonight, there will plenty of  time to visit with her upon the morn."

"How is she?" Yasmin asked, as she walked over to where her husband sat.

"She seems to be in mint condition, tomorrow we will know more." Stephan answered, annoyed that the women barged in on their meeting. "Now please exit the library, we have a meeting to start and don't need to be delayed anymore!"

The ladies filed out of the library, and when they closed the library door, Violet turned to face her aunts and said excitedly, "I can't wait to hear what Alana has to say."

"We shall have to wait till the morning when she wakes up, we must honor your uncle Michael's request and stay away tonight." Nessa told Violet.

"Aye I know, but I'm so anxious to find out what happened, aunt Nessa, the Black smith is so handsome, why would she ever choose to leave him!"

"I'm sure she had a good reason, just because someone is handsome doesn't mean that he is a gentleman." Kyra explained.

Violets eyes opened wide, "You think he disrespected her?"