Love and War

Sarah's heart hammered against her chest, he was going to kill her she just knew it! It was a huge mistake stowing away on Camrans ship, she knew that now, but it was too late, the ship has sailed and there was no where for her to run to!

Camran looked down at Sarah and he wanted to murder her, or at the very least stop at the nearest port and throw her off his ship, but he knew that he wouldn't do either! What possessed her to stow away on his ship, he thought, was there someone aboard that she had feelings for, but he quickly erased that thought out of his mind, Sarah would never lower herself and chase after any one of his mates, they were beneath her station, Sarah came from a noble, aristocratic family and she would not waste her time with any of them.

Could she possibly have a lover waiting for her in India? His jaw twitched with anger, she used him to get to India! "I will have the name of your lover who is waiting for you in India!" He said in a dangerous tone of voice.

"What?"

"You heard me, give me his name!" He growled angrily.

"I have no idea what you are talking about!" She hissed, and tried to wiggle herself free from his hold.

Camran tightened his hold on her and said, "I will have his name Sarah, and then I shall run my sword though his black heart when I see him!"

Sarah was confused, why would he be angry if there was someone waiting for her in India? Why did he care? "I will never reveal his name to you!" She told him, not knowing why she lied to him.

"Do you love him?" He asked her, and held his breath for her answer.

"Yes I do!" She lied again.

Camran slowly pulled himself off her, his anger had disappeared and he had lost his appetite to argue with her. "Eat your dinner Sarah, your food is getting cold." He threw over his shoulders as he made his way to the door, "I shall have someone bring you another gown to wear."

Sarah watched him leave the cabin, and wondered where he would find a gown for her to wear in the middle of the ocean? Did he bring many mistresses on board and kept a wardrobe for them? She thought as jealousy formed in the pit of her stomach.

***********

Yasmin and Sofia strolled down the cobbled path on this beautiful, crisp, autumn afternoon, enjoying a walk around the majestic gardens. The scene around them was breathtaking, the trees were already changing  colors and the golden, red, and yellow leaves fell to the ground reminding them that winter was soon approaching.

"I can't wait for Christmas!" Sofia said excitedly, "Tis my favorite time of year!"

"Mine too, but this year it won't be so exciting." Yasmin said, and bent to pick up a golden colored leaf. 

"What do you mean?" 

The Druidess stopped walking amd turned to face Sofia, "Well you know, with the New Years Eve dilemma, it kind of put a damper on things!" Yasmin explained and dropped the leaf.

Sofia watched as the pretty leaf danced in the air before it dropped on the ground on top of all the other leaves. "Oh yeah I almost forgot about that!" She said dryly, as she pulled her cloak tighter around her shoulders, "Thomas says that it could trigger Armageddon if the crystal falls into the wrong hands!"

"Yes but even if they steal the crystal you can save the world with your high pitched voice! Just make sure you don't catch a cold or get  laryngitis!" She laughed, "or else we will be in big trouble!"

"I hate this burden that is placed on me Yasmin, what if I don't pull it off, then what?"

"We all have faith in you Sofia, worry not, besides, you will not be by yourself on that day, the entire MacAlister clan will be there with you to make sure everything goes according to plan. The McCanes and the McCloud's will be there too, and I even heard that the Fays and the Valkyries will join forces with us! so you see Sofia, you have nothing to worry about!" Yasmin told her.