Desperate Love

Kainaaz stared in disbelief at Charlotte, Baloch was telling the truth all along, but it felt so surreal to her, things like this only happened in the movies and not in real life.

"We must find a way to get out of here and return to where we came from," Kainaaz sounded scared, but Charlotte seemed calm and collective, "aren't you scared? We are in another world and imprisoned by a beast!"

"Nay, I'm not afraid, if the ..." Charlotte never got the chance to finish her sentence, the trembling of the ground shook and both women turned to face the stairs.

"He's coming back!" Whispered Kainaaz frantically, as both women huddled together in the corner.

The beastly monsters beaded eyes looked around the prison cell before his sweeping gaze settled on the women. His nostrils flared and a thunderous rumble escaped from his throat before he spoke.

"You will come with me without resistance if you want to live, if you give me a reason I will squash both of you like bugs!"

His tone of voice did not sound threatening, but his words sent a chill up and down Kainaaz's spine.

Wasting no time, the beast unlocked the iron cell door and swung it open, "Make haste, dinner is being served and I don't like to eat a cold meal!"

Both women scrambled out of the cell and ran all the way up the stairs. When they reached the top, they hesitated before they stepped onto the main floor of the castle.

The beast pushed past them and roared angrily, "if you disobey me there will be consequences!"

Charlotte narrowed her eyes, took a step forward and placed her hands on her hips, "You do not scare us, we are not intimidated by your appearance and tone of voice, furthermore...."

The beast threw his head back and roared with laughter, but Charlotte did not find any humor in her words.

"How dare you make fun of our situation!" Charlotte yelled angrily, "you are an ugly beast!"

The beast stopped laughing and sobered up, anger settled in his heart, she was right, he was ugly, but it was not his fault, he was cursed to this awful fate.

"You would do well to watch your tongue unless you want to be thrown back into your cell!"

Charlotte opened her mouth and was about tell him off when Kainaaz threw her a murderous look, "Charlotte will not speak again, I promise!"

The beasts eyes shifted suspiciously from Kainaaz to Charlotte, before he turned around and walked away.

The young women followed after him and were surprised to enter a dining room that was exquisite and fit for a king.

Kainaaz did not miss the elegant tapestries that adorned the walls, the crystal chandeliers, and the fine linen cloth that was spread on the cherry wood table, her appreciating gaze swept over it admiring the crystal goblets and gold china, forgetting for a moment that she was a prisoner.

Charlotte and Kainaaz both pulled out a chair and sat themselves down, but to their dismay, that seemed to anger the beast.

"You are prisoner's in my home, not guests!" The monster growled, "get your arses off my furniture and go get my dinner! When you are done serving me, you may eat the left overs."