The Gifted Child

Her blonde curls bounced, and fell well below her waist, as she ran around the courtyard chasing a new born bunny. Alana ran at a much faster speed than most Druid children her age,  her powers were above and beyond what was considered normal for the MacAlister's, but they all knew that she was gifted because of what and who she was. Her sweet laughter echoed throughout the gardens when the bunny dashed behind the bushes and disappeared. Alana's eyes sparkled excitedly when she dropped to her knees and crawled slowly to the bushes where she knew the poor rabbit was hiding.

"Alana! Stop acting like a tomboy and start acting like a little girl!" Her nanny yelled sternly from behind her.

Alana quickly jumped to her feet and hid her dirty little hands behind her back, not wanting Dora to punish her again. "I'm sorry Dora, please don't get mad at me."  

Dora narrowed her eyes and dropped them to the dirty stains on the little girls gown. She sighed and shook her head, "You will be the death of me! Now march on home and go straight to your room, I will have the servants draw you a bath, it is almost dinner time and your mother will be looking for you!" Dora chided angrily. 

Archangel Gabriel watched as Alana threw another quick look at the bushes before she hightailed it back to the castle. He smiled when he heard Dora mutter under her breath, as she followed the child back to the castle. The archangel knew that the enchantress loved the child as if it were her own, but Alana was getting to be a handful for her. 

Inside Sterlingshire castle, cook was giving orders to the servants to prepare the dining area for the evening meal to be served. The hungry Warriors were waiting patiently in the great hall, as they played a hand at dice, and the ladies of the court were gathered in the tea room, Hilda held everyone's attention, as she told them scary details of all she knew about mirrors and portals. 

************

The MacAlister's were holding a discreet meeting in the library, and when everyone filed in the room one by one and sat around the huge wooden table, Michael scanned the room and sighed. 

"Where is Seth and Thomas?" He asked, as he closed the door to the library.  

"Seth is finishing sharpening his tools and Thomas is washing up, they should be here shortly." Silas said in their defense, "start the meeting and I will fill them in later. 

"We will wait until we are all gathered here, this meeting is very important and not to be taken lightly!" Michael said in a firm and unwavering voice, "the future of the world is at stake!"

"Is this about New Year's Eve in Times Square?" Daniel said, and everyone's attention turned in his direction. 

Michael was about to answer but the door swung open and Thomas and Seth walked in. After closeing the door, they immediately took their seat at the round wooden table. 

"When I give an order for a meeting I expect everyone to drop what they are doing and come straight to the library, don't let this happen again, I am a man with little patience and do not take tardiness which I consider disrespect, lightly!" Michael's voice was firm and unwavering, and everyone at the table knew not to mess with the Laird.

Michael lifted himself to his feet and walked over to another table by the window, and picked up a bunch of papers. Walking back to the round wooden table, he threw the packet of papers on the table and said gruffly. "These are the imprints of Time Square on December thirty first of this year, i want each of you to read them carefully, I shall be back in half an hour to continue this meeting. Use your time wisely, read the imprints carefully and memorize everything written in them, When I return I will quiz you!" 

Michael slammed the door behind him as he left his brothers to their task, and headed straight to his chamber to find his wife. Climbing the stairs two at a time, he paid no heed to the servants as they hurried to get out of his way, he was feeling miserable and the only one that knew to cure his misery was Kyra.

He opened the wooden door and walked inside his chambers, and his sparkling blue eyes blazed with passion as they fell on the only person in the world that he loved more than life itself. "Come here wife!" He said in a hoarse voice, as he slammed the door shut behind him.

Kyra did as she was told, her heart fluttered out of control when she realized what her husband wanted as soon as she stepped before him. 

"Take off your gown!" He told her, and his eyes drowned with desire as he watched her obey his command. 

When the lovely, satin rose gown dropped to the floor, and she stood naked in front of her husband, Michael's eyes slowly glided over her round and firm breasts and Kyra could hear his ragged breathing as he lowered his eyes down her stomach and even lower than that to her sweet honey cave. 

The warrior sank to his knees and wrapped his arms around his soulmate's legs, he was overwhelmed with love for her and he needed her badly. "I love you wife!" He said hoarsely, and tightened his hold on her. 

"I know." She whispered back, loving the feel of him around her. 

"If I ever lose you Kyra I don't know what I would do." He told her in a tortured voice, as he tried to get the vision of her sitting in the courtyard alone with Charles out of his mind. 

The Fay had come to Sterlingshire castle to deliver the imprints. It was by chance that when the Fay was on his way out he found Kyra resting on a stone bench in the courtyard, and decided to visit with her before he left. Michael happened to look out the window and saw them. His heart faltered and he nearly died a thousand's deaths when he saw the way his wife smiled at the Fay when he reached for her hand and kissed it, 

"Why would you lose me Michael?" She asked, puzzled by his behavior. 

Michael did not answer her, he lifted himself slowly to his feet and pulled his wife in his strong amd possessive arms. "You are mine!" He said hoarsely, before he brought his lips crashing down to hers.

****************

The MacAlister women were all in Thomas's chamber chattering away happily, Sophia adored them and was feeling very grateful that her soulmate's family was super nice and made her feel welcome. 

"Tomorrow we can go horse back riding and we can show you our land. Tis huge Sophia, and we are very proud of it. Our clan is very attentive to its needs and our farms have flourished over the years, producing all kinds of good." Violet bragged, "We take pride in everything we do, and thus every other clan are envious of us!"

"We are the strongest and most powerful clan in Scotland!" Amira chimed and her sister Yasmin nodded her head.

Bella jumped on Sophia's lap, she liked the young woman and thought her to be very beautiful. She closed her eyes and tried to relax, but an image of Harry popped up. That no good for nothing Harry! Tomorrow she was going to find herself another boyfriend and show Harry that she didn't need him, he was a two timing cat! 

"I feel blessed to be a part of this wonderful family." Sophia said, and happy tears glided down her beautiful face. 

Isabel averted her gaze lest someone see her tears, she was jealous of Sophia and all the other MacAlister women. Silas hadn't spoken to her since they arrived at Sterlingshire. Mayhap the glass tower was where she should have stayed! Why did he save her from there if he was going to ignore her existence? She thought sadly.

 Last night before she went to bed, she walked to the huge window and pulled the velvety, ivory curtain back just in time to witness down below in the courtyard Silas playfully chasing a young maiden into the gardens! He didn't want her, she thought sadly, he was in love with another.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Your votes are very important to me, because I need them to reach the top ten, please help me do that. Thank you kindly. Xoxoxxoxoxxo