Dream On

The wind whipped the hat off of Roula's head, and she chased after it. "Oh no! Help me Pauletta, my grandmother knitted this for me before she died, and I treasure it!" She called out as she dashed in the parking lot after it, but her words were lost in the wind.

"It's over there!" Pauletta screamed and ran after it.

Both girls got there just in time, the hat was about to fly into the traffic, but Pauletta stepped on it so it wouldn't fly away again.

"Now look what you've done!" Roula complained, as she pulled the hat from under her friends shoe.

Pauletta drew her eye brows together and looked down at her friend, "Would you have preferred to be chasing after it in the middle of traffic?"

Roula sighed, "No, but this is the only thing I have from my grandmother, and I loved her very much! I'm sorry I didn't mean to be a bitch, but I treasure this hat. Come on, let's get to the car, it's freezing out here."

The girls ran to the car and jumped in, Pauletta turned on the heat and they waited for the car to warm up.

"I really appreciate the rides you give me Pauletta, I promise when I fix my car I will return the favor."

"It's no big deal, we only live a few blocks away from each other anyways!" Pauletta told her, "and besides, you're my best friend, I would do anything for you!"

"Anything?"

"Yes anything, did you ever doubt that?" Pauletta asked.

"Good it settled then, you are coming to the dance with me on Saturday!"

"Everything but that Roula, you know how I hate dances!"

"It's the only way I can be with George, his girl can't make it on that day and he asked me to fill in, and his brother is coming too, come on letta, you know I would have done the same for you!" Roula begged.

"I'll do it, but you owe me big time girl! You know how I hate to dress up and go to Greek dances! Last time we went, your parents tried to set me up with a bold, over weight man who wouldn't leave me alone, the whole night he drove me crazy!"

"My parents are not coming to this dance letta, and besides Steven will be there, I promise you that you will have a lot of fun. Maybe they will ask us to go with them to the New Year's Eve party in Time Square!"

"Why would I want to go to a New Year's Eve party at time square? It will be freezing out there and besides you know I don't stay up for that shit, I always stay home for New Year's Eve!" Pauletta drove away from the parking lot wanting to go home, she was freezing, tired and sleepy.

"This year will be different for you letta, you will have a man next to you to bring in the new year, and you know what Greeks say?"

Pauletta rolled her eyes, "No, what do they say?"

"They say that what ever you do on New Year's Day, you will do every day for the whole year, so make sure you don't cry on that day or you'll be crying all year long!"

"You Greeks are something aren't you, you believe that stuff?" Pauletta said as she made a turn down the street that her friend lived on.

"Yes I do believe it, I believe everything Greek people say, we are smart people!"

"Smart and egotistic!" letta added.

"There are to kinds of people in this world letta, the ones that are Greeks and the ones that wished they were Greek!"

Pauletta pulled up in front of Roula's house, "Get out of my car Roula, before I throw you out!" She laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow!"

Letta turned to face her friend, "Are the koufetta still under your pillow?"

"Yes they are!"

"Oh come on letta, don't sit around waiting for koufetta to find you a man, Steven is gorgeous and you two make a lovely couple, please don't mess this up on account of some stupid koufetta!"

"Mind your own business, and get out of my car, I have an early start tomorrow!"

Roula sighed, and opened her car door, "Thanks letta, see you tomorrow." She said before she closed the car door, and walked towards her home.

Pauletta sped off into the cold night, it was a good thing she only lived two blocks away from her friend she thought, as she pulled into a parking space right outside the building she lived in. Once inside her apartment, Pauletta locked the door, threw her stuff on the beat up couch, and headed to the bathroom. She changed into her pajamas, brushed her teeth and went straight to bed.

Her hand slipped under the pillow to make sure the koufetta were still in place, before she dropped her head on the pillow and closed her eyes.

*************

The air was clear and crisp, the skies were blue, as Pauletta looked around her in wonder. The snow was a sparkling, white duvet untouched across a land of sheer beauty. In the distance Sterlinshire stood in a magnificant setting up on a hill, the frozen emerald lake was surrounded by majestic peaks and a beautiful wilderness. Pauletta's eyes danced around the evergreens that were kissed with virgin snow, with the delight of a child, it was a winter wonderland.

Pauletta eye's scanned across the land excitedly until she came across a rider who was racing towards her. Her heart hammered against her chest, it was him! The black stallion stopped a few yards away from her and the warrior jumped off his horse.

"It's you!" His voice was deep and masculine, just as she remembered it to be.

"Yes, I'm here." She heard herself say in a husky whisper.

In two strides he was standing in front of her and he pulled her into his strong amd possessive arms. "I've been waiting for your return lass." He told her hoarsely. "Why did you take so long to come back to me!"

"I don't know, it's not in my control, I've missed you......" Before she could finish what she wanted to say, the warrior bent his head and his lips touched hers. It was a deep passionate kiss that took her breath away. The feelings inside her were deep and out of control, she wanted him desperately like she never wanted anything or anyone in her entire life.

When the warrior finally pulled his lips away from hers, he continued to hold her posessively. "What year are you from lass, where do you live, what is your name?" He asked, and Pauletta could feel his need for her in his voice, and she realized that she too felt this need.

"My name is Pauletta," she told him, "and it is the year 2015!"

"Pauletta." Her name fell from his lips in a mere whisper.

Pauletta closed her eyes, and took a deep inhalation of breath. She loved this man that held her in his arms, and she was about to tell him, but she felt herself being pulled away from him. The sudden realization struck fear in her heart.

The warrior realized what was happening and tightened his hold on her, but a strong and powerful force unbeknown to him pulled her away from him. "Where do you live lass?" He called out desperately.

"In New York, near Times Square!" She yelled out before she was sucked back from where she had come from.

"No!" he yelled at her, as she disappeared into thin air.

Thank you for your votes and comments Xoxoxxoxoxxoxo