The Love Letter

My dearest soulmate....

I'm here within the walls of my room and I pay attention to what my heart harbors. The intensity of your love alleviates the distance that separates us in this vast universe where love and wickedness walk side by side. With deep grief I compose my mind to the inevetible, knowing that I may never see you again.

I am visited by the gifts of dignity, refinement, and poise, and all my sacrifices and dare to hope that I may see you one more time. The unlimited boundaries of the cosmos that exist beyond what the truth as we may know it, is immeasurable. In the infinite parallel worlds of existence, I will find you once again my love and our souls will reconnect, and together we will rule our hearts as one. 

Last night I wished upon a falling star that I may find you soon, before I die from a broken heart. My tears are endless and my hopes are real and I dream of the day that I will see you again and fall into your arms of steel. 

***********

Nicholas dropped his head on his chest and rivulets of tears glided down his handsome chiseled face. He had read the love letter a hundred times, and was left in despair. Fate had blinded him of the truth, and laughed in his face, as he suffered and died a thousand deaths. He was stripped of all that he believed in and was left empty and without faith. 

He could not fight what he could not see, he was crippled of his gifts and left to fend for himself. The fates laughed in his face, and waited for him to wither and die. Only hope could bring him back to life, and restore his faith. Lifting himself to his full height, the warrior swore an oath to find his soulmate to return the light to its rightfull place. 

************

"Letta?"

"Hhhhmmm?"

"Why is there a deep ache in my heart? I woke up this morning feeling depressed, as if something was pulling me down!" Roula said, "I don't understand what got over me, and I cried a river before I came over."

"Do you have your period? Sometimes the hormones bounce around like crazy when it's that time of month. I know a girl in my math class that breaks up with her boyfriend every time she gets  her monthly flow, she is a basket case the entire week while she is on her period!" Pauletta said, "you may be going through something similar, it's a scientific fact that when a woman has her period, and especially when there is a full moon, women get vicious and depressed!"

Roula raised an eyebrow, "What does a full moon have to do with this?"

"Well, scientists claim that when the moon is full, the magnetic forces pull on earths gravity and causes major tidal waves in the ocean, and it also affects humans, sending electrical waves to the human brain, causing depression or major shifts in their personality. People can get very moody, and angry for no reason. Some can get depressed, and cry without knowing what got over them. I think this is what you may be suffering from."

"I sure hope that's all that this is, but I doubt it, this doesn't feel like it has anything to do with my period or the moon. I am not moody or depressed, I'm love sick!"

"Love sick?" Pauletta asked, and turned off the television. "Have you met someone you haven't told me about?"

"No!"

"Then what are you talking about?"

"I can't explain it, it's like I'm missing a love of some kind. There is an empty feeling in my heart." Roula explained.

"Maybe it's all the love stories we have been watching on television that has you feeling sorry for yourself. Why don't you call that guy you met at your cousins wedding? He was very handsome and he gave you his phone number didn't he?"