Tears and Fears

it was dark, cold and scary, the moon was their only light as the women of Scotland cuddled together to warm up. They were starving, freezing and scared for their lives. Having no idea where they were taken, they feared that they would never be found, because this land that they were on didn't look like their dimension. The Druidess's put their heads together to figure out what to do, while the rest of the ladies tried to comfort the children who were crying from hunger. 

"What's wrong with that moon, it looks like it is full of blood!" Pracheeta said fearfully, as she looked up at it.

"We are not on earth Pracheeta, we are on their territory somewhere in the universe." Yasmin explained. 

"What? That can't be, what are you talking about?"

When Amira leaned her foot against Yasmin's thigh and tapped her lightly, Yasmin took the hint and said, "I'm just kidding, the moon only looks like it's red, it's just a way to let us know that tomorrow will be a hot day. You have nothing to worry about Pracheeta." Yasmin lied.

A tear glided down Pracheeta's beautiful face, "I know you are trying to comfort me by lying Yasmin, I am no fool, don't you think I know that we are not anywhere near Scotland, in fact we are not even on planet earth! My grandmother was right, there are many worlds and stars that are full of all kinds of people and monsters."

"Your grandmother told you that? How did she know this?" Amira asked.

"She just knows things, most people thought my grandmother was senile when she talked of these strange things, but my family and I knew that she was gifted." 

"What else did you're grandmother say?" Liandra asked, as her eyes searched the area around them carefully, before resting her eyes back on Pracheeta. 

"She told us stories of the monsters of the universe, she said that one day they will try to take over our world. Everyone laughed at her words, but I always believed everything she told me." 

"What else did she tell you?" Liandra asked, just for the sake of asking, so she could keep her mind occupied and not focus on the horrible surroundings.

"She gave me this," Pracheeta pulled a beautiful, mother of pearl barrette from her long black tresses and showed the women. "She said that this is really a key that unlocks other universes, and I may need it one day." 

The women around Pracheeta smiled at her, "Your grandmother was a good story teller."

Pracheeta shrugged her shoulders, "Perhaps, but I truly believed her words to be true."

Amira grabbed the beautiful barrette from Pracheeta's hands, "You can't be serious Pracheeta, this is just a barrette and nothing more!" 

"Mayhap tis is, mayhap tis not, but whatever the case, to me it's precious, it is all I have to remind me of my grandmother." Pracheeta said sadly, "to me, she was the wisest person in the world."

Silence fell around the beautiful Indian girl, as they watched her pin the mother of pearl barrette back in her hair. 

*************

Christian pulled a few tresses of hair behind Adela's shoulders, his golden eyes sparkled with adoration, "You're beautiful." He whispered, as he quickly lowered his hand to his side. 

Adele looked up into the young Fays eye's and swallowed, he was so handsome, she thought, and wondered what it would feel like to be kissed by him. 

"Thank you." She said and looked shyly away, embarrassed by the way she was staring at him. "Can we go home now, we are late and they are probably looking for us." 

Christian's shaft was throbbing and pushed against his kilt, he wanted to touch it and  soothe its pain, but more so, he wanted her to touch it. His thoughts were running wild with him, he thought, she was after all just a seelie, his father would never approve of him hanging out with a seelie fairie. 

"Yes, I must take you back to court, but before I do, I have a surprise for you." He told her, and grabbed her hand, "come, I have hidden it behind that big rock over there." 

Adeline eyes followed his finger as he pointed at the huge rock about a hundred feet away. "A surprise, for me?" She asked excitedly, loving him even more that he was so thoughtful. 

"Aye, come!" He said and pulled her with him. 

When the young Fays reached the huge rock, he let go of her hand, and bent over. Christian's hand dug into the sand underneath the rock and pulled out a sea shell necklace. "I made it just for you." He told her, and was pleased to see the excitement in her eyes. 

"Tis beautiful! Thank you Christian." She said and placed it over her head. "I shall never take it off!" 

The young Fays heart beat wildly against his chest, he wasn't quite sure why, not understanding the ways of a man and a woman, but one thing he did understand is that he wanted to kiss her again. Leaning his head down to hers, Christian lips pressed against Adeline's. 

"What's that ?" Adeline asked, when she pulled away from him. 

"What's what?" The Fay asked, confused by her question, did he kiss her the wrong way?

"That!" She said innocently, pointing at his bulge that was trying to poke through the material of his kilt. 

The Unseelie Fay prince was mortified by her question and turned away from her. "Come, it is getting late and I must return you to your home!" He called out over his shoulders, embarrassed that she had noticed that his shaft had triple in size.

"Hey wait for me Christian!" She called out after him, as she tried to catch up to him. "You're walking too fast!"

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxoxo