Two Worlds Collide

"Hurry before my mother wakes up and comes after us!" April squeeled with delight as she rolled her wheel chair down the street.

"I still think you should have told her where you're going!" Frank said, walking faster to catch up with her.

"If I told her she would not have approved with what we are about to do, my mother is very protective of me and she would have scolded me, what we are about to do is illegaL!" April stopped wheeling her chair and turned her head to face Frank, "and besides, I wanted to spend the day with you, she would never allow me this pleasure, she doesn't trust strangers."

Frank's lips curved into a smile, "In that case, I agree with you."

His eyes sparkled with love and April was ashamed of herself for leading him on, but she needed his help. "Anyways, I left a note on her night stand and when she wakes up she'll read it and know not to worry."

The streets were empty, except for a few cars that drove past them and a couple of stray cats looking for food in a garbage can, no one else was around. "Feels like a ghost town, don't you think?" April asked, wondering if this was a good idea or if it was something stupid that she will regret later. Frank had slipped his number in her hand the day before and when she went back to her hotel room she had this idea. It wasn't hard to convince him to do her will, she already knew that he had a crush on her, so she when her mother was showering, she called him and he happily agreed. 

"It is almost six in the morning April, people are still sleeping, heck, the sun is barely out." Frank said, "in about an hour the streets will come alive with people driving to work, shops opening up, women running their errands and children playing in the streets, and their laughter will be heard for miles away."

They were almost at the tourist site, and the pavement was starting to go slightly up hill. "Frank I might need your help here." April said, even though she hated asking for help, not liking the idea of becoming a burden to him.

Immediately Frank jumped behind her and grabbed the handles, "We're almost there, I'm going to have to shut off the alarm so it won't alert the police, but you must stay to the side and not move, because the alarm is very sensitive and we don't want it to go off, I'm not in the mood to be handcuffed and taken to prison!"

April loved to hear his voice, he sounded so innocent and sweet. Another time, another place perhaps, she could have loved this charming young man, she thought, but her mind and heart was not ready to feel things for him or anyone else at this time in her life.

When they reached the gates of the tourist site, Frank took out of his pocket a stainless steel ring with many keys hanging on it and unlocked the gate, "Stay where you are and don't move, I have to run inside and turn off the alarm system." He said, as he walked off toward the castle.

All alone, April felt scared and vulnerable, and wondered if she was doing the right thing. What did she hope to find in this castle that would be of any use to her? Just because she had a drive in her heart to come back and seek the truth, but what was the truth? And what would she tell her mother when she returns to the hotel, that she felt a need to visit the castle for answers because she saw a few apparitions?

"Come on April, hurry before someone sees us!" Frank whispered hoarsely from the other side of the gate.

"Ok I'm coming!" April said, and wheeled herself quickly into the Sterlingshire yard.

Frank closed the gate behind her and grabbed the handles of the wheel chair, "Let's go inside the castle first, I want to show you something." He said as he wheeled April through the giant doorway.

It was dark and dreary inside, and it gave Frank the creeps, but not so for April, her eyes lit up and her heart melted as soon as she crossed the threshold. She felt like she was home, and for some strange reason she wanted to visit the bedchamber that once belonged to Edward and Julia.