Lost For Words

For the first time in the Fays life, he was lost for words. Lifting himself to his feet, the Fay warrior composed himself and said, "Please, come in." 

Tinesha was very surprised, what were the chances that the man she would interview with was the same man who had destroyed her coat. Not sure what she wanted to do, the dark beauty hesitated for a few seconds. Her friends were right when they said that Leathan McNeil was an arrogant bastard. How dare he get her all muddy and then take off without an apology of some kind! 

"Mrs. Washington?" Leathan said, raising an eyes brow.

Tinesha took a deep breath of inhalation before she walked up to him and extended her hand, she needed this job like the fish needed the water. It took her almost two years to get this appointment, and she was willing to overlook his arrogance for a chance to work for Fay inc. it was in all fairness a dream job, and if she was hired, many doors would open after that with this job on her resume. The possibilities would be endless. 

"That's Miss Tinesha Washington." You arrogant pig, she thought as she placed her dainty hand in his huge one. 

Electricity surged thoughout the Fay as soon as she touched him and Leathan had to force himself to stay still, "Pleasure to meet you, please have a seat." He said in a deep, controlled voice as his eyes dropped to her breasts. 

What the hell came over him, he wondered, as he tore his gaze away from her and took a seat near the huge glass window that overlooked downtown Manhattan. Who is this woman that took his breath away? What did she have that other woman didn't? He is around beautiful women all the time, not one has ever affected him in this way. Angry at himself that he allowed a human to have powerful over him, he quickly recovered and threw a comment at her to cover up his weak moment.

"Tell me Miss Washington, why do you think this position is right for you?" He asked, getting straight to the point. 

Tinesha was flabbergasted that he skipped over an apology that she so richly deserved and asked her such an arrogant question. Wanting nothing more than to tell him off and demand an apology from him for ruining her five hundred dollar coat, and then walk right out of this office with her chin held up high, she chose instead to keep her self control in tact, and do whatever it takes to win this position, even if it meant she had to put up with this pompous ass! Taking the chair opposite him, she squared her shoulders back and tilted her head slightly upwards.

"I have given it much consideration and know that I am right for this job." She responded. 

Leathan sat back in his chair and crossed his right leg over his left. He waited for her to continue, but realized that she wasn't going to add anything else, and although he already knew that he would hire her, because he found himself extremely mesmerized by her, he wanted to know more about her. "Just what exactly is it that you have to offer that no one else can Miss Washington, you do realize that I have over two hundred resumes to look over before I make my decision, why would you be any different than anyone else? What makes you the right one for this position?"

"Have you read my resume? All the information you need to know is on there. I am worthy of this job Mr. McNeal." She pointed out.

"Miss Washington, I'm sure your resume is decorated with many fancy words bragging about your accomplishments, but I want to hear from you how much you are willing to do to gain this position, every applicant has a resume like yours, what makes you stand out from all the others?" Leathan stopped breathing as he waited for her to answer, and could not help but wonder what it would feel like to run his tongue over her dark, velvety body.

Tinesha looked at Leathan not sure of what he was asking, did his words have double meaning, she thought angrily, was he trying to find out if she was willing to give him sexual favors to secure her position in his corporation, she saw the way he looked down her cleavage when she introduced herself to him, what exactly was he asking of her?