The Seventh Day

Something inside Liandra came to life, she could feel the power building to a boiling point inside her. This was it, it was now or never she thought as adrenaline surged through her body. Grabbing Franks hair in a tight hold, she pulled his head back angrily just as he was about to stick his tongue down her throat, and with her other hand she scratched him with her nails as hard as she could. 

The warrior screamed and pulled back in pain, Liandra wasted no time, she pushed him off her, and jumped to her feet. Everything happened in split seconds, Liandra was quick to pick up the sword that lay on the floor by her feet, and holding it with both hands, she pushed it through Franks back, and watched as the warrior took his last breath.

"You bitch!" Yelled John, as he sprung forward to grab her, but Liandra lifted her leg and kicked him on his balls. Everything happened so fast that there was no time for John to protect his jewels. He doubled up, bending forward as tears streamed down his face, the pain was unbearable.

Liandra did not wait around to see how much damage her actions had done. She turned around, pulled open the door and ran for her life through the woods. 

************

Bruce's heart beat wildly against his chest when he realized that she was really gone. Tears filled his eyes when he thought of what might have happened to her. 

"Brother, worry not, we shall find her! I will call for help and we will search until we find her, she probably walked far into the woods to relieve herself and got lost, you know how easy it is for someone to get lost in there!"

Bruce paid no attention to what his brother was saying, he ran as fast as his feet could take him towards the woods. He had to find her fast before someone or something found her first, and her life was put into danger.

The wizard watched his grandson run into the woods and sighed, it was a relief to know that slowly everything was falling into place. 

**********

It was the seventh day, the last day of the festival and everyone was excited to return back to their homes early the next day, but until then, the musicians tightened the strings and shined their instruments, for this evening was one of the most celebrated days of the year. 

Camran knew that tonight would be the last chance he would have to win over Isabella. He must convince her to accept his marriage proposal and whisk her away to his lands before Silas tries to steal her from him. 

He watched with interest as the MacAlister women walked to their assigned table. Isabella blended in quite easily, and Camran wondered if there was good reason for that. Had she secretly already decided to marry Silas and become a Macalister? He hoped not because he needed to wed her and get his hands on the Holy Grail or his brother Alexander will have his head on a silver platter. 

***************

Silas leaned against his tent and watched Camran. The man was a thorn up his arse from when he was a wee boy. How he would love to snatch Isabella away from him just to prove to him that he was the better catch, but he hesitated because if he won over the wench he would have to marry her, and he was not ready to settle down yet. 

His eyes traveled to where Isabella sat and his heart hammered against his muscled chest. He had to admit that the young lass was beautiful and full of grace. Silas knew that he was a fool to deny her a marriage proposal, he had after all stolen her virginity, but in all fairness he knew that he could never give her the love that she deserves, so for all intent and purposes he had to let her go.

***************

From the corner of her eyes, Isabella saw Silas watching her and she straightened her upper body, stuck her nose in the air and plastered a fake smile on her face, pretending that she was happy. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction to know that he had deeply hurt her, as a matter of fact, she had decided to give Camran the answer he had been waiting for. 

"Isabella?" Kyra called out to her for the second time.

"I'm sorry what?" Isabella said, finally focusing all her attention on the Druidess.

"Have you decided want you will do about Camran? I heard through the grape vine that tonight he will go to your father and ask him for your hand in marriage!"

Isabella swallowed back a lump in her throat and blinked back the tears that threatened to spill forth, which did not go unnoticed by the MacAlister women. "Aye, I have decided to accept Camrans proposal. He is a fine warrior and comes from a very prestige and powerful family, his blood line is strong, and I think it would be a wise choice to accept him as my husband."

The MacAlister women looked at each other silently, uncertain of the reason Isabella would choose Camran, when they all knew that her heart belonged to Silas. 

"Are you sure that your choice is a wise one?" Amira asked, hoping that the beautiful girl would reconsider.

"Aye I'm sure, I belong with him, he is strong, powerful, and very handsome. We will make beautiful children together." 

"But I thought your heart belonged to another!" Yasmin asked boldly.

The MacAlister women gasped with surprise and turned to face Yasmin. Amira kicked her under the table to shut her up, "What my sister meant by that is that we all thought that you would wait a while before you gave your answer. Sterlingshire has plenty of Warriors that would kill to become your mate, why would you want to run into marriage with Camran who lives so faraway from your lands?"

"Because I'm already in love with the lad and I don't see a point in waiting longer than necessary," Isabella lied, "I don't doubt that he will treat me with the utmost respect, and his family already adores me, what more could a woman ask for?"

Thank you for your votes and comments Xoxxoxxoxo